Allkins Goes Wire to Wire
Florida Junior Tour (Boys 16-18)
- Stone Creek GC - February 25-26
- Boys' yardage and rating - 7,005 yds. 73.3/125
- Saturday - Dreary morning, but turned into a mid 70's sunny day with 20 mph winds in the afternoon
- Sunday - Not a cloud in sight, but 45 degrees when the first ball was in the air. Twenty mph winds throughout the day.
Numerous scores at or under par defined day one of play at Stone Creek. Besting the 16 competitors at par or better was Thomas Allkins, leading with a 67. Allkins fired a ridiculous 31 on his opening nine of the tournament, capped with 3 birdies in his last four holes. Lurking close behind were Evan Sun and Arden Brake at 3 under par. Allkins, however, would not look back as he birdied his first hole of the day on Sunday to extend his lead even further. Doing their best to keep pace were Brake and Eric Berggren. Brake, playing with Allkins, applied pressure with a birdie on number 10 to close it to a one stroke lead. Allkins went on to birdie numbers 11, 15 and 16 to increase his lead again to a point that would not be reached.
- There were 5 eagles on the weekend and 355 birdies!
- There were 35 rounds at par or better
- March 4 - 5 - LPGA International Golf Club, Daytona Beach
- March 11 - 12 - Black Bear Golf Club, Eustis
- March 18 - 19 - Amelia National Golf Club, Amelia Island