Tuttle & Miller Conquer at LPGA
Florida Junior Tour
LPGA International – Jones Course – March 4-5, 2017
Girls (13-18) - 5,836 yds., 74.1/135
Saturday & Sunday – Wind gusts up to 30 mph. with temperature high in upper 60’s
Girls 16-18 Division
Lauren Miller, of Niceville, held a strong four stroke lead going into Sunday after a three under-par 69 in the first round. Miller carded birdies on holes seven and nine in her second round to turn at two under-par (34). With two bogies on the back nine, Miller finished even par for a three under-par total of 141. Lauren went wire-to-wire to win by four strokes over Alexa Pano. Pano, of Lake Worth, had the low second round of two under-par 70 to capture second place with a 145 total. Erika Smith, of Orlando, rounded out the top three with rounds of 74-72—146. Morgan Baxendale came back after a round one 76 with a one under-par second round for a 147 total and fourth place finish.
Girls 13-15 Division
Karoline Tuttle, of Lake Mary, overcame a two stroke deficit after round one to win by three strokes on Sunday. Tuttle birdied holes five, nine, and 14 to post a second round even par 72 and claim first place! Earning her first FJT win, Tuttle finished with a 146 total. Phoebe Beber-Frankel, of Miami, played consistent golf with rounds of 74-75—149 to take second place. Megan Schofill and Taylor Roberts tied for third place with a 150 total.
- Morgan Baxendale had the highlight from round one with a hole-in-one on number 17 using a 60 degree wedge!
- Round one saw a total of 100 birdies with 50 each on the front-nine and back-nine
- This win marks Lauren Miller’s second FJT win in 2017 after winning in Tallahassee at Southwood GC in February.
- Karoline Tuttle claimed her first FJT victory by three strokes.
- March 18 -19 - Amelia National, Amelia Island
- April 1 - 2 - Eagle Lakes GC, Naples
- April 1 -2 - CC of Winter Haven, Winter Haven
- April 22 - 23 - Viera East GC, Rockledge