58th Boys' Junior Field Set For Sawgrass
The top 168 junior golfers aged 13-18 years old have earned their way to the 58th Florida Boys' Junior Championship being held at Sawgrass Country Club and TPC Sawgrass on July 10-12 in Ponte Vedra Beach.
Over 375 juniors attempted to qualify at one of the six qualifying sites across the state while approximately 30 players were automatically exempt into the field. All players must compete within their age division (16-18 or 13-15) and at the championship each player will play 18 holes each at Sawgrass Country Club (East/West) and TPC Sawgrass (Dye's Valley) before a cut is made. The final round will be played at Sawgrass Country Club (East/West).
The 2012 field features several past state champions, many Florida Junior Tour champions and nearly all of the highest ranked juniors in the state. Some of those players include:
- Hunter O'Mahony - 2011 Boys' Junior Champion (16-18)
- Hank Lebioda - 2010 Boys' Junior Champion (16-18)
- Jimmy Stanger - 2010 Boys' Junior Champion (13-15)
- Evan Byrd - 2009 Boys' Junior Champion (13-15)
- Dustin Dingus - 2011 Junior Match Play Champion (16-18)
- Jack Panagos - 2011 Junior Match Play Champion (13-15)
- Philip Knowles - top 10 at 2012 Amateur Championship
Spectators and media are welcome to watch the state's best junior golfers compete on the challenging courses at Sawgrass Country Club and TPC Sawgrass.
Click here for tee times, pairings and results.