December 15, 2012 - December 16, 2012
FJT Exemptions are not used to determine this tournament field.
FJT Points Lists are NOT 100% correct on the website. We will audit the points lists internally before the field is determined.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,842 (Dye) & 6,815 (TPC)|
|Boys 13-15||6,552 (Dye) & 6,535 (TPC)|
|Girls 13-15 & 16-18||5,878 (Dye) & 5,770 (TPC)|
|5-10 South Wind||76 °F|
|5-10 North Wind||78 °F|
Entries Open - Wednesday, October 17th at 8:30 AM
Entries Close - Wednesday, November 7th at 4:30 PM
FJT exemptions are not used in determining the field. See the field determination policy below.
Home of THE PLAYERS Championship, birthplace of the TPC (Tournament Players Club) Network, and backdrop to the PGA TOUR headquarters, the TPC Sawgrass golf course in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., is perhaps the world’s most famous golf course. THE PLAYERS Stadium Course sports one of the most recognizable and challenging holes on the PGA Tour. The notorious par-3, 17th hole, features an island green that makes or breaks many a PGA TOUR pro’s round.
Click here to visit the club's website.
The entry fee of $495 includes:
- 2 night stay at the Sawgrass Marriott - $250+ value
- Tournament rounds on Dye's Valley and THE PLAYERS Stadium
- Pair of FootJoy shoes (XPS or Sport) - $100-$200 value
- Dozen Nike 20XI golf balls - $45 value
- FJT tee gift
Players that reside in Duval, Clay, St. Johns, or Nassau counties can chose to be exempt from the hotel cost. On the entry form, a question will be asked if the player lives in one of the counties listed above, and if they choose not to stay at the hotel their entry fee will be reduced by $250 before it is charged internally. Since room nights at the Marriott Sawgrass are required to gain access to the Stadium courses, only players that live in the counties listed will be exempt from staying at the hotel.
Schedule of Play
- Saturday, December 15th: 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM off the 1st and 10th tees (Dye's Valley Course)
- Sunday, December 16th: 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM off the 1st and 10th tees (THE PLAYERS Stadium Course)
Players can set-up a practice round at a special discounted rate of $65 on Dye's Valley Course and $125 on THE PLAYERS Stadium course plus tax which includes a cart by calling 904-273-3430. Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament and after 12:00 PM the weekend before. Times are available on a space available basis.
A parent may play along for $109 on Dye's Valley Course and $225 on THE PLAYERS Stadium Course, plus tax.
During practice rounds, players are not allowed to play multiple shots off tees or into greens. The playing of multiple shots or slow play may result in the player's removal from the course without a refund.
Walking and Pull/Push Carts
Players must walk and carry their clubs during the competition rounds (pull/push carts are permitted). Caddies are not permitted.
Tees To Play
Tees are not selected until the tournament staff arrives on site. Tournament set-up may change, including yardages, to offset inclement weather or other course conditions (i.e. wet course conditions). Typical yardages are below:
- Boys 16-18 will play approximately 7,000 yards
- Girls 16-18 and Girls 13-15 will play approximately 5,900 yards
- Boys 13-15 will play approximately 6,700 yards
This event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and GolfWeek.
AJGA - PBE (Performance Based Entrance)
- Champion - 4 performance stars
- Top 5 - 1 performance star
- Champion - 1 JAS exemption
- Champion - 4 performance stars
- Top 3 - 1 performance star
Spectators will be authorized to rent carts, but must follow the Spectator policies. Spectator carts will cost $25 a day, plus tax. Spectator carts may be limited, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Male or female amateur golfers that are members of the FJT may apply for entry. Entries are subject to rejection at any time, including during the event. The reason for rejection may include unbecoming behavior. Please see the Code of Conduct for further details.
- Tournament applications must be submitted through the website with valid payment. Telephone and fax requests will not be accepted.
- Applicants must have a current FSGA/FJT membership.
- Entries must be received by 4:30:00 PM EST of the closing date.
- Players should read the Tournament Policies and Pace of Play policy.
- Players will receive an e-mail that their entry has been received and a second e-mail will be sent if the player is accepted into the field. As a player is not automatically confirmed into the tournament, travel arrangements should not be made until the second confirmation e-mail is received. Review Tournament Policies for further details.
Field Determination Summary
The field is determined in the following method:
- FJT winners since September 1, 2011
- All other entries are held until Monday, November 12th. Players are then accepted based off their standing on the FJT points lists. Approximately 60 boys and 30 girls will be accepted into the field (~30 in each boys division and ~15 in each girls division).
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
Results, winners, and points, from the two FJT events on November 10-11 will be included in the determination of the Tour Championship field.
Click here for further details.
The FSGA reserves the right to modify the selection process and field sizes.
Registration will be available prior to the first round. ALL players are expected to register. General tournament information, footjoy shoes, and Nike golf balls will be distributed at registration.
Tee Times & Pairings
First round tee times and pairings will be available on the website. After the completion of the first round, all competitors will be repaired by score, within their age group, for their next round. Final round pairings will be available approximately one-hour after the final score has been posted. Pairings will be available on the website, at the club, and will be sent via text message. It is the player's responsibility to be at his/her respective starting tee at least 10 minutes prior to teeing off. We recommend that you always see your tee time in black and white (in print), and if you still have questions, please contact an FSGA Official at the host facility.
Range Finders - Electronic distance measuring devices are allowed. (effective December 1st, 2012)
Music - Phones and other devices that play music should not be used at the tournament site. Listening to music during a competitive round will generally result in disqualification under the Rules of Golf. This is true for all types of competitions - not just FJT.
Pace of Play
The FJT uses a checkpoint pace of play policy that provides no verbal warnings throughout the round. Each group is responsible for playing under the allotted time or finishing each checkpoint hole within 15 minutes of the group ahead of them.
Pace of play will be strictly enforced with anticipated rounds to be less than 4 hours and 45 minutes. We strongly recommend that all players and parents read and understand the Pace of Play Policy.