Volunteers who assist in scoring play a very important role. Many discrepancies and disqualifications could arise, and we need to make sure we get it right!
Below is a list of duties volunteers should follow when scoring:
- It is the Committee’s responsibility to define the scoring area
- Players should be informed on the Notice to Players or by the Starter where to return scorecards
- The area should be clearly marked and easy to find
- It should be in a quiet environment, clear of food, drinks and other things that may cause a distraction to the player
- Ask the players if anyone played a second ball under Rule 3-3 or if there were any rulings they needed to discuss.
- Ask players to remain in the scoring area while you check and add the scorecards.
- Two signatures (player and marker)
- A score in each box for each hole
- Add up total front nine, total back nine, total 18 holes
- Verify total with competitor
- (36-37--73; I agree)
- Add multi-round total if applicable
- Initial scorecard