Hammer and Stasi Summer Mixed Champs
Kevin Hammer and Meghan Stasi
LPGA International - Hills Course
72 - 64 -- 136
- Championship Men - 6,534 yds. 72.1/137
- Championship Women - 5,734 yds. 74.1/137
- Forward Men - 6,271 yds. 70.4/129
- Forward Women - 5,159 yds. 70.6/121
- Round 1 - Sunny skies throughout the round, but extremely hot and muggy.
- Round 2 - Overcast skies for the whole day and some light and variable winds.
Championship Division Recap
Kevin Hammer and Meghan Stasi are no strangers to winning FSGA Championships. Kevin came into this year's Summer Mixed with his sights set on winning his third straight Summer Mixed Championship. After winning last year at Tranquilo Golf Club and two years ago at Mission Inn Resort with his daughter Alexa, Kevin and Meghan would undoubtedly be a tough team to beat on the Hills Course at LPGA International. After opening with an even par round of 72, Kevin and Meghan found themselves two strokes off the lead heading into the final round.
Sunday's final round saw two teams run away from the rest of the field. The team of Jimmy Jones Sr. and Terese Romeo came out of the gate looking to claim their second Summer Mixed Championship. Terese and Jimmy won the 2014 Championship at Black Diamond Ranch and were focused on bringing home another victory. With a combined six birdies in the final round, the two posted an impressive tournament total of 7 under-par, 137. However, their six birdies in the final round proved to be one birdie short of forcing a play-off with the team of Hammer and Stasi. Kevin and Meghan made eight birdies on Sunday en route to an 8 under-par, 64 (8 under-par, 136 total), which was enough for a one stroke victory over Jones and Romeo.
Forward Division Recap
In a match of cards, Michael and Tinker Sanger took home the first place victory in the gross portion of the Forward Division. The Sanger team played steady golf and fired rounds of 72 - 74 -- 146 which tied Carol Kilian and Chris Berens.
- 1. Michael Sanger and Tinker Sanger
- 2. Chris Berens and Carol Kilian
- 3. Lon Lugten and Colleen Dold
- 4. Ryal Lancaster and Mary Kozak
With net round scores of 66 - 64 -- 130, Mike Kelly and Patti Kelly took home the first place gift certificates in the Forward Division.
- 1. Mike Kelly and Patti Kelly
- 2. Kenny Brehm and Audrey Brehm
- 3. Douglas de Stwolinska and Nicola de Stwolinska
- 4. Paul Moltisanti and Mia Kolar