Orange County National (Boys 16-18) *Major*
May 23-25, 2009
54-holes, stronger field, more points, more AJGA exemptions...
Tournament rounds are scheduled on the
Crooked Cat Course.
Crooked Cat features significant elevation changes, rolling fairways and large, contoured greens. But with fewer trees, wider landing areas, native heather and mounding framing the fairways, Crooked Cat presents golfers more of a links-style look. It may well be the most naturally beautiful Orlando Florida golf course.
The course’s open feel encourages golfers to grip it and rip it off the tee, and there is certainly more room for error and multiple options for playing a hole—both off the tee and into the greens. Crooked Cat is not a connect-the-dots course; feel free to go outside the lines like a kindergartener’s finger painting.
But beware: As with links-style courses, there is an element of chance, and a wayward shot can end up in one of many seemingly randomly placed grass bunkers.
Male amateur golfers that are members of the FJT may apply for participation. Entries are subject to rejection at any time, including during the event by the FJT. The reason for rejection may include unbecoming behavior. Please see the Code of Conduct for further details.
- Tournament applications must be submitted on-line at www.floridajuniortour.org. Telephone and fax requests will not be accepted.
- Applicants must be current FJT members.
- Entries must be received by 4:30:00 PM EST of the closing date.
- Players should read the Tournament Policies and Pace of Play policy.
- Players will receive an e-mail that their entry has been received and a second e-mail will be sent if the player is accepted into the field. As a player is not automatically confirmed into the tournament, travel arrangements should not be made until the second confirmation e-mail is received. Review Tournament Policies for further details.
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis up to a pre-determined percentage of the field.
- The remaining spots in the field are filled by players without an FJT exemptions. Players are ranked by their national ranking as listed on www.JuniorGolfScoreboard.com at the time of the close of entries and the better ranked players are placed in the tournament field.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under the Tee Times
& Info folder.
Click here for further details.
The entry fee of $155 (for GHIN members) or $175 (for non GHIN members) includes tournament rounds of golf, range balls prior to the tournament rounds and a tee prize.
Schedule of Play
Saturday, May 23 12:00 PM 1st and 10th Tees
Sunday, May 24 7:30 AM 1st and 10th Tees
Monday, May 25 7:30 AM 1st and 10th Tees
Players can set up a practice round at a special discounted rate of $35 plus tax by calling 407-905-2239. Times are available one week prior to the event and after 12:00 on weekends on a space available basis.
Walking and Pull Carts
Players must walk and carry their clubs during the competition rounds. Pull carts are permitted. Caddies are not permitted.
Tees To Play
Tees are not set until the tournament staff arrives on site. Tournament set up can change, including yardages, to offset inclement weather or other course conditions (i.e. wet course conditions). Typical yardages are below:
- Boys 16-18 will play approximately 7,000 yards
This event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and by the Golfweek/Titleist Saragin ranking system.
AJGA - PBE (Performance Based Entrance)
Champion - 2 Exemptions
Top 5 - 1 Exemption
Top 10 - 1 Exemption
Registration will be available prior to the first round. ALL players are expected to register. General tournament information will be distributed at registration.
Tee Times & Pairings
First and second round tee times and pairings will be available on the FJT website, www.floridajuniortour.org, typically three days after the closing date. After the completion of the second round all competitors will be repaired by score within their age group for their next round. Final round pairings will be available approximately one hour after the final score has been posted. Pairings will be posted to the FJT website and at the club. It is the players' responsibility to be at his respective tee at least 10 minutes prior to teeing off. We recommend that you always see your tee time in black and white and if you still have questions, please contact a FJT Official at the host facility.
Pace of Play
Pace of play will be strictly enforced with anticipated rounds less than 4 hours and 30 minutes. We strongly recommend that all players read and understand the FJT Pace of Play policy.
Spectators will be authorized to rent carts, but must follow the Spectator policies. Spectator carts will cost $25 plus tax per day. Spectator carts may be limited and are available on a first-come, first served basis.