Disney (Boys 13-15 & All Girls)
November 23-25, 2007
All tournament rounds will be played on the PALM COURSE.
The Walt Disney World Golf Resort - Palm Course is a 6,957 yard, par 72 golf course. Experience the natural beauty of the Florida woodlands that make this majestic course one of America's premier resort destinations. Both a pleasure to play and one of Disney's toughest courses, this Joe Lee masterpiece features sparkling lakes and tropical sand, all in a gorgeous golf landscape populated with strategically place palms. Played each year as part of the PGA TOUR event at Walt Disney World, Disney's Palm offers plenty of challenges for the novice and seasoned pro alike. The Palm Course has been a regular stop for FSGA and USGA qualifiers and the State Boys Junior Championship.
Click here to view the course website.
Male or female amateur golfers that are members of the FJT may apply for participation. Entries are subject to rejection at any time, including during the event by the FJT. The reason for rejection may include unbecoming behavior. Please see the Code of Conduct for further details.
- Tournament applications must be submitted on-line at www.floridajuniortour.org. Telephone and fax requests will not be accepted.
- Applicants must be current FJT members.
- Entries must be received by 4:30:00 PM EST of the closing date.
- Players should read the Tournament Policies and Pace of Play policy.
- Players will receive an e-mail that their entry has been received and a second e-mail will be sent if the player is accepted into the field. As a player is not automatically confirmed into the tournament, travel arrangements should not be made until the second confirmation e-mail is received. Review Tournament Policies for further details.
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Players without an FJT exemption are automatically placed in a random draw. The random draw is held after the entry deadline.
- An alternates list will be posted to the
FJT website under the Tee Times & Info folder.
Click here for further details.
The entry fee of $145 (for GHIN members) or $165 (for non GHIN members) includes tournament rounds of golf, range balls prior to the tournament rounds and a tee prize.
Schedule of Play
Friday, Nov. 23 7:30 AM 1st and 10th Tees
Saturday, Nov.24 7:30 AM 1st and 10th Tees
Sunday, Nov. 25 7:30 AM 1st and 10th Tees
Players can set up a practice round at a special discounted rate of $25 plus tax by calling Mike Steigerwalt at 407-938-3873. Times are available one week prior to the tournament and after 12:00 PM on weekends on space available basis. A parent may play for $45 plus tax.
Walking and Pull Carts
Players must walk and carry their clubs during the competition rounds. Pull carts are permitted. Caddies are not permitted.
Tees To Play
Tees are not set until the tournament staff arrives on site. Tournament set up can change, including yardages, to offset inclement weather or other course conditions (i.e. wet course conditions). Typical yardages are below:
- Boys 13-15 will play approximately 6,700 yards
- All Girls will play approximately 6,000 yards
This event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard. The Girls division is also ranked by the Golfweek/Titleist Saragin ranking system.
Both girls divisions will be combined for ranking purposes.
AJGA - PBE (Performance Based Entrance)
Top 5 - Junior All-Star Exempt
Girls (both age divisions will be combined for AJGA purposes)
Champion - 2 Exemptions
Top 3 - 1 Exemption
Top 5 - 1 Performance Star
Registration will be available prior to the first round. ALL players are expected to register. General tournament information will be distributed at registration.
Tee Times & Pairings
First and second round tee times and pairings will be available on the FJT website, www.floridajuniortour.org, typically three days after the closing date. After the completion of the second round all competitors will be repaired by score within their age group for their next round. Final round pairings will be available approximately one hour after the final score has been posted. Pairings will be posted to the FJT website and at the club. It is the players' responsibility to be at his/her respective tee at least 10 minutes prior to teeing off. We recommend that you always see your tee time in black and white and if you still have questions, please contact a FJT Official at the host facility.
Pace of Play
Pace of play will be strictly enforced with anticipated rounds less than 4 hours and 30 minutes. We strongly recommend that all players read and understand the FJT Pace of Play policy.
Spectators will be authorized to rent carts, but must follow the Spectator policies. Spectator carts will cost $25 plus tax per day. Spectator carts may be limited and are available on a first-come, first served basis.