Three Juniors Conquer the Crooked Cat
WINTER Garden - Jenny Kim and Tyler Wilkes earn their second Florida Junior Tour wins of 2017. Taylor Roberts wins her third consecutive FJT. All three players are looking forward to continuing their stellar play as the summer championship season has arrived.
Tees & Yardages
- Girls 13-18 - Crooked Cat - 5,981 yds. 74.3/133
- Boys 13-15 - Crooked Cat - 6,849 yds. 72.9/133
- Round 1 - Ramya Meenakshisundaram & Alyssa Lamoureux jump out to the lead in the Girls 16-18 division with opening rounds of 69. In the Boys 13-15 division, Gray Albright grabs a one shot lead over Tyler Wilkes with a 4-under par 68. Casey Weidenfeld takes the reigns with an impressive opening round of 69 to hold a two shot lead in the Girls 13-15 division.
- Round 2 - After a morning fog delay, the winds kicked up and made for a challenging day. The low rounds of the day in each division came from our eventual champions as they all made the leap to the top of the leaderboard.
- Round 3 - Girls 16-18 - After a final round of -2, Alyssa Lamoureux put herself in a playoff with Jenny Kim. The playoff went to hole #18 where both players would make par. They would head back to the 18th and this time, Jenny hit her approach to 8 feet and she rolled in the birdie putt and would become champion.
Boys 13-15 - Tyler Wilkes held a five shot lead heading in to the final round. With the way he had been playing this weekend, it would take an almost impossibly low score from another player to catch him. That was not the case as he bested the field in the final round just like he did in round 2. Three days in the red (69-68-70) and Tyler would win by six strokes.
Girls 13-15 - Taylor Roberts definitely saved her best for last. She improved her score each day of the tournament. The final round was the most impressive. A bogey free round of 5-under par 67 and Taylor would run away from the field for a seven shot win. Her 67 was the low round for any competitor in the entire event. Taylor Roberts is on an absolute tear. She has won her last three Florida Junior Tour events and hasn't finished outside of the top 3 in all of 2017 (six total events)!!! She is looking like the favorite in the 13-15 age division for this years Girls' Junior Championship.
- Round 1 - Saturday - Hot, high of 92.
- Round 2 - Sunday - 10 minute fog delay. Hot, high of 94.
- Round 3 - Monday - Hot & Humid, high of 96. Felt like we were in an oven. :)