FSGA Club Membership
The FSGA provides a variety of services to its members clubs, their members and the general golfing community of Florida. Services are provided through the executive staff and approximately 400 individual volunteers all over the state. These services include:
- Championships – Over 400 days of competition are provided by the FSGA Tournament Department including 33 State Championships and over 45 days of USGA events. Competitions include events for golfers of all ages and abilities. The Competitions Department also conducts rules and tournament procedure workshops and assists clubs with course marking and rules interpretation.
- Handicap Service – The Golf Handicap Index Network system (GHIN) is promoted and supported by the FSGA Handicap Department. Currently, there are more than 600 Florida clubs with over 200,000 individuals utilizing the GHIN system.
- Course Rating and Measurement – The FSGA Course Rating Department is the busiest in the nation. Each year, FSGA rating teams measure and rate more than 300 courses using strict USGA guidelines. Florida’s master course raters also conduct seminars on course rating and measurement several times a year.
- Tournament Management Programs – Tournament Pairing Program, which is supported by the FSGA, offers clubs with an excellent computer-based system to manage competitions.
- Individual Member Program – The FSGA has more than 3,500 individual members. Five levels of membership are available with varying amenities based on membership level.
- Junior Golf Programs – The FSGA conducts the Boys Junior Championship, the Florida Junior Tour, the Parent-Child Championship and administers the Florida State High School Golf Championships.
- Scholarships – The FSGA annually awards the Clarence Camp Scholarship to deserving young men and women in Florida to attend colleges and universities.
- Turfgrass Research – The Calvin L. Korf Turfgrass Research Program supports scholarships, fellowships and research programs at the University of Florida, Ft. Lauderdale, Research and Education Center in turfgrass studies. The programs continue to develop environmentally friendly methods of combating problems unique to our area.
- Publications and Information – The Association offers Ratings and Rulings newsletter, Inside the FSGA, The Member’s Guide, calendars, schedules, entry forms, bulletins, and other golf related literature. The FSGA also maintains a web site (http://www.fsga.org) for the convenience of golfers everywhere.
- Rules of Golf Services – The FSGA Rules Department conducts sanctioned Rules of Golf workshops throughout the state and answers rules disputes under the direction of nationally recognized officials.
- Internship in Golf Administration – The FSGA has implemented a year-long internship program in golf administration education and training program through the USGA’s P.J. Boatwright Jr. Internship Program.
- USGA Liaison – the FSGA monitors national issues, processes reinstatements to amateur status, and conducts more qualifying rounds for the USGA than any other state.