By joining the FSGA, you are supporting the many great things we do for the game of golf in Florida. Since 1913, the FSGA has been dedicated to preserving and protecting golf in Florida. The FSGA provides a variety of services to its member clubs, their members and the general golfing community of Florida. These services include the GHIN Handicap System, course rating and measuring, junior programs, scholarships, turfgrass research and Rules of Golf seminars.
In addition, the FSGA conducts 40 championships for amateur golfers in the state and is responsible for over 50 qualifying tournaments for USGA National Championships. Largely a volunteer-based organization, the FSGA has more than 400 volunteers who rate golf courses, serve as Rules Officials and assist junior programs.
Memberships are valid for the calendar year in which they are purchased. Memberships for the upcoming calendar year may be purchased beginning October 1st of the year prior, and entitle you to play the remaining events in the current season as well.
By joining the FSGA, you will receive many tangible items, but most importantly you will be supporting golf in Florida. Some things you will receive include:
- Bag Tag – Every member receives an engraved personalized bag tag.
- Newsletters & Website – You will receive the FSGA newsletter, “Inside the FSGA” as well as other mailings throughout the year. This website is a valuable tool for all members and volunteers. You can sign up for tournaments, view results, shop in our pro shop and much more.
- Tournament Eligibility – As a Regular Member or above, you are able to enter all FSGA Championships (One-Day competitions only require a valid Florida GHIN Handicap).
- FSGA Logo Merchandise – Members can shop in our online pro shop and all Foundation Members will receive a Future of Golf Foundation golf shirt.
- GolfWeek Subscription – All members receive a full year subscription to GolfWeek compliments of the FSGA.