Officiating and Advanced Rules Workshop
Open to Current Active Tournament Volunteers Only!
A two day interactive class exploring the Rules of Golf in depth, Decisions on the Rules of Golf, FSGA policies, USGA policies, and Officials' duties. The class is led by an FSGA staff member. A test is given after each section and a score or 85% or higher is needed to achieve the "Rules Official" status. The new test will have a greater focus on rulings encountered by FSGA players and officials with less about obscure decisions. Click here for more on the Rules Official certification process.
2014-2015 Two-Day Seminars will include an enhanced focus on the "Rules of Golf" with less emphasis on Officiating Techniques. Officiating Techniques will covered during new Local Spring Training Events.
Eligibility Open to Current Active Tournament Volunteers Only!
- Active FSGA volunteers ONLY wishing to become certified as a "Rules Official" or "Senior Rules Official"
- Must have attended either a PGA/USGA Workshop or an FSGA One-Day Workshop within the last year
- Must have officiated a minimum of four tournament days at an FSGA conducted event within the last year
- Must attend a "Spring Training" workshop during current year
- Approval by the FSGA office is required for attendance
- 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM both days
- Indoor discussions
- Outdoor demonstrations and role playing
- Small class sizes
- Highly interactive
- Tests given after each session (2014-2015 Test will have more focus on rules encountered by our officials and players, and less on obscure decisions)
- Lunches included
- Dinner after the first day.
- No charge, but FSGA approval is required.