USGA Tournament Management powered by Golf Genius
December 6, 2016
We hope your season is off to a great start!
- We will make the new application available in early February of 2017.
- Clubs that do switch at that time will be asked to only use Golf Genius for all of their events.
- Initially, we will allow a limited number of clubs per region to utilize Golf Genius. Clubs will be selected on first come, first serve basis.
- After May 1st, all remaining clubs will be invited to convert to Golf Genius.
- We will support TPP through September 30th, 2017.
- All clubs that currently rely on TPP, will use Golf Genius for the 2017-2018 season and beyond.
We will be back to you with more information after the first of the year but wanted to give you a brief update before we head into the holidays.
September 8, 2016
- Multiple formats within each event: For example, you will be able to run your Member-Guest including the practice round and all tournament formats within one event. TPP often required you to set up multiple tournaments for a situation like this.
- Additional options when competitions include multiple tees: Golf Genius will allow the user to apply section 3-5 so that the adjustment affects the least amount of players within the tournament. This was not an option in TPP.
- Preset Handicap Percentages based on USGA recommendations: Whether you are running a Fourball or a scramble, Golf Genius populates the recommended USGA handicap allowances for the tournament you are running.
- TV Leaderboards: Quick to launch and great looking TV leaderboards to display the results of your tournaments.
- Blind Draws: If the tournament has an uneven number of players, you can quickly add a blind draw to the team for better results.
August 8, 2016
We have some great news that will impact how you prepare and conduct tournaments next year.
- Available beginning in January
- Included with your current GHIN dues (no added cost)
- Highly advance tournament system
- Handles all current TPP functions and much more
- Completely modern, online, and continually updated
- Extremely easy to use
- Complete connection to GHIN handicap data
- Developed by a team of software geeks sitting along side golf professionals
- Optional Advanced Features (Premium Version) - Online registration, mobile apps etc - at an additional cost.