Becoming a Volunteer
The Florida State Golf Association is proud to have one of the largest and finest volunteer based golf associations in the country. FSGA Committee Members act as tournament volunteers and/or course rating volunteers. There are many volunteers that participate in both and help us a great deal.
Each year the FSGA conducts over 450 days of competition including state Championships, the Florida Junior Tour, qualifying for USGA National Championships, the State High Schools Championships, the Southwest Amateur Series, numerous collegiate events and the One-Day Net competitions.
You don't need any special talent to be a volunteer. We'll find you a job to match your talents; don't worry if you've never even opened a Rule book. We have a wide range of jobs to meet a wide range of skills, knowledge and talent.
This never ending task creates an insatiable need for qualified volunteers to properly administer these events. The need is never ending and we hope some of the links to resources on this page will assist the tournament volunteers of the FSGA.
If you are interested or would like more information, please follow the steps laid out below:
- Contact Tracy Dachisen at the FSGA at (813) 868-5816 for additional information about becoming an FSGA Committee Member.
- Complete the Committee Information Form
- Once you have completed the Committee Member Form please return the completed form to the FSGA.
- Click Here for a printable Committee Information Form
- Observe at a Tournament or Course Rating.
- Once we receive your Committee Member Form, we will help you coordinate a day to volunteer in your area with your desired interest.
- Join the FSGA as a Member
After these initial steps and you feel you want to continue volunteering with the FSGA, we ask that you join the FSGA and support the state golf association.
- Receive Official Welcome Letter and Uniform
- Once you have completed all of the above steps, you will receive your official welcome letter, FSGA volunteer uniform and additional volunteer and training information.