Updated March 2020
The FSGA recognizes the importance its visitors place on privacy issues. We do not share personal information regarding our visitors with any outside organizations. Any information you give us will only be used in accordance with the practices described below.
The FSGA collects two types of information from users of the Services: (1) non-personal information collected automatically, for example, as you interact with our Services that cannot, in itself, be used to specifically identify or contact an individual (except as described below) (“Non-Personal Information”); and (2) information that can be used to specifically identify or contact an individual (“Personal Information”).
If you are using one of our Services, we will automatically capture certain Non-Personal Information about you and your use of the Service. For example, we automatically recognize and collect:
- your Internet service provider and domain name;
- usage and “clickstream” data, which includes the type of device and browsing software you are using and their settings (including language settings), your browser ID, general geographic information derived from your IP address, URL information, the address of the web site from which you linked to a Service, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, any search terms you have entered on the Services or a referral site, and the time stamps of your visits to the Services;
- App data, including counts of the screens and features of the App that are used, the countries from which the App is used, time stamps of uses, device language settings, and the types of devices, operating systems, carriers, IP addresses and wireless connections our users are using to access the App;
- unique numerical identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- information about your interactions with our email messages;
- geolocation information, including precise information about the location of your mobile device, to the extent that such information is provided by your device.
When you use any of the Services, you may be asked to provide or choose to provide Personal Information, or we may otherwise collect Personal Information, which may include:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) Address;
- contact information, such as your name, physical address (including zip code), e-mail address, telephone and/or fax number, FSGA membership identification number.
- password or other login credentials (selected by you) to create and access your accounts on the Services;
- credit card information (if you make a purchase or donation through the Services);
- health information (if you submit a request through the Services to use a golf cart at a FSGA championship);
- golf background, such as whether you are an amateur or a professional, the name and address of your golf club, and your USGA Handicap Index;
- information you submit when you contact us or post on the Services; and
- demographic information, such as your age and gender.
The above are only examples of the types of Personal Information we may collect. The actual types of Personal Information collected depend on the specific product or service you request, the types of transactions you conduct on the Services, and the various activities in which you participate.
We may collect information from you when you purchase goods and services, make a donation to the FSGA Foundation, create an account, or contact us through the Services, or submit an entry application to play in a championship or submit other forms or information through the Services.
We may also receive information about you from third parties. For example, our business partners, service providers, and social media platforms may provide us with information about you.
We combine information. Information obtained through the Services (including both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information) may be combined and used in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than the Services or at different times, including both offline and online sources and from third parties.
How Does the FSGA Use My Information?
The FSGA uses your information to:
- understand your needs and interests and to personalize your experience on the Services;
- provide you with better products and services and to improve our Services;
- deliver the products, services, or information you request (for example, we may use your information for processing and evaluating your entry application, for processing your membership application, for processing transactions on certain of our Services, for processing your registration on certain of our Services, and for contacting you with regard to your membership, registration, transactions and other activities or accounts on our Services);
- manage championships;
- process donations made through the Services;
- send you newsletters and marketing information, such as updates and notices about FSGA (or select third parties) products, services, and benefits we think you would be interested in;
- serve you tailored ads on our Services and elsewhere based on your interests and history with us. To learn about your choices with regard to interest-based advertising and marketing communications, please see the Your Choices section below;
- contact you for market research;
- send push notifications and other information through our Apps; and
- for security purposes (for example, we may use your information to protect the FSGA, our users, employees, sponsors and business partners, donors, and players) and to protect our Services.
We may use the information we collect through the Services as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you from time to time.
The FSGA may share your information with third parties in certain circumstances. For example, we will share your information:
- with service providers, technical consultants, and vendors who assist us, where such sharing is reasonably necessary to providing you with a requested service or to operating and maintaining the Services (such as Web site or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, advertising companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, payment processing companies and other similar vendors and services providers);
- if we have to in order to comply with legal requirements, such as in response to court orders or subpoenas, or as part of a government or administrative agency investigation;
- with our affiliates;
- with third-party auditors;
- to permit us to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, or other violations of any law, rule, or regulation, the rules or policies of our Services, or the rights of third parties, or to investigate any suspected conduct which the FSGA deems improper;
- when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of the Services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
- to an acquirer or successor entity in the event we, or a substantial portion of our assets, undergo a business restructuring, transfer of ownership, or similar transaction; and
Except as provided above, the FSGA does not share your Personal Information with any third party without your opt-in permission. However, we may share Non-Personal Information with third parties for their marketing and other purposes, with or without your consent.
We may also disclose Non-Personal Information regarding our users and user behavior as a measure of interest in, and use of, our Services to third parties, including, for example, aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.
The security of your information is important to us. However, while we strive to protect your information, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee that communications between you and any Services, or information stored on any Web Site or servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. Your use of the Services demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
You should be aware that any information and content, including Personal Information you post to message boards, community tools, or other publicly accessible forums, may be viewed and used by anyone with access to such forums. By using these services, you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of our Services, you will be required to become a registered user and submit certain Personal Information requested during the registration process and described above. Once registered, you may provide additional information on your profile to better identify yourself and find new friends and opportunities on the Services that may be available. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional and provided at your own risk.
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from the FSGA. To do so, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
If you wish to stop receiving push notifications through the App, you may change the settings for the App and/or your device.
The precise geographic location of your device may be transmitted to our servers in real time any time that the App is running (even if you are not actively using the App or it is minimized on your device). You may stop allowing us to have access to your device’s location information by accessing the App’s location settings on your device and setting your device not to share its location with us.
Please note that the FSGA is not responsible for removing your information from third party lists or databases. You can restrict the use of certain of your information by certain direct mail companies by contacting: Mail Preference Service c/o Direct Marketing Association, P.O. Box 9008, Farmingdale, New York 11735-9008.
Links to Other Web Sites
Any of the Services may contain links, banners, or advertisements to other web sites. When you click on such links, banners, or advertisements, the privacy policies of the web sites to which you are linked and/or their service provider (as applicable) will govern the use of your information collected on such sites. The FSGA does not have access to or control over any technologies or practices that may be used by third parties.
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13 years. The FSGA does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for use of any of the Services. In the event the FSGA learns that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete such information as quickly as possible.
The Services are intended only for users in the United States of America. By using the Services, you agree and acknowledge that the Services are hosted in the United States and that information collected through the Services (including Personal Information) will be stored and processed in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to such transfer and the application of the laws of the United States, which may not be as protective or comprehensive as those that exist in your home jurisdiction. Your information may also be transferred to entities other than the FSGA and its affiliates, which entities may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the United States. Each of these countries has different privacy laws that afford varying levels of protection for your information, and such laws may not be as protective or comprehensive as those that exist in your home jurisdiction.
The FSGA welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please feel free to contact us by sending an email to email@example.com, calling us at (813) 632-3742, or writing us at the Florida States Golf Association, 12630 Telecom Drive, Tampa, Florida 33637.