Walker & Pellot Next 100 Victors
Howey-in-the-Hills, Fl. – Bryce Walker & Izzy Pellot prevailed, defeating the top juniors, at the inaugural Next 100 Junior Invitational hosted by Mission Inn Resort, Jan. 3-5.
The Next 100 Invitational (Boys & Girls)
• Mission Inn Resort, El Campeon Course – Howey-in-the-Hills
• Yardage & Rating
- Boys – 6,908 yds., 74.6/142
- Girls – 6,080 yds., 75.0/138
College Coaches Panel
- Over 130 players & parents attended the panel on the evening prior to the event.
- Thank you to Sean Covich (Head Men's Golf coach at West Virginia University) & Janell Howland (Head Women's Golf coach at UNC Greensboro)
- Mac Thayer – Junior Golf Scoreboard
- John Brooks – Red Numbers Golf
- American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) sponsored the Food & Beverage (taco bar)
The only red number on the leader board was carded by the inaugural Champion, Bryce Walker of Bartow, FL. Walker posted a 77 in round one, only to follow up with the tournament low round of 71 (-1) in round two. Starting the final round in third place, Walker erased a one stroke deficit by finishing the round with three birdies to post an even par 72. A 220 (+4) total earned Walker a three stroke victory to begin his new year! Scotty Kennon, of Bandon, OR, finished in second place after starting the final day tied for first with Matthew Streitman. Kennon carded rounds of 75-72-76 to finish at 223 (+7). Streitman fell to tied for eighth place with a three round total of 230. Tied for first after round one, Zachary Reuland, of Rock Hill, SC, finished in third place with two rounds of 73 for a 225(+9) total.
Izzy Pellot, of Altamonte Springs, FL, went wire-to-wire to claim the inaugural Championship by four strokes! Pellot carded one birdie during each round to post scores of 73-77-80 for a 230 (+14) total. Helena Noel, of Tampa, FL, finished in second place with consistent rounds of 77-80-77--234. Noel started the final round tied for fourth but with two birdies on her final nine holes she moved up the leaderboard. Wyndom Burnett, who was tied for second place after the second round, fell to third place with a final round 81 and 237 tournament total. Burnett tied Amelia Williams, of Gainesville, FL, who finished with two rounds in the 80’s to move from tied for fourth to tied for third place. Izzy earned her first victory of the new year at Mission Inn Resort!