Junior Team Championship
July 31 - August 1, 2021
TAMPA, Fla. - The North Florida Junior Golf Foundation took home the Boys (16-18), Boys (13-15), and Girls (16-18) wins at the Junior Team Championship. The team of Fore Life secured a win in the Girls (13-15) division hosted by Mission Inn Resort & Club.
The North Florida Junior Golf Foundation emerged victorious at the Junior Team Championship. The team had a cumulative score of 7-over par.
Lead by the stellar play of Moses Compaan who began the tournament with an opening round of 3-over par and was able to follow up in the final round with the low round of the tournament,
firing a 3-under par 69.
It was a team effort with Adam Vermut posting a 4-over par round of 76 and Connor Holcroft carding a 3-over par 75 to count towards the team score in the first and second rounds, respectively. Finishing in second place was the team of Ultimate Golf Experience Jr. & College Prep Golf.
The North Florida Junior Golf Foundation continued their impressive weekend by claiming yet another victory in the Girls (16-18) age division with a team score of 17-over par, edging out the First Tee of Miami by one stroke.
Tylar Whiting shot a 2-over par round of 74 on the first day along with Marissa Cardenas who came in at 10-over par with a round of 82.
In the final round, Madelyn Campbell posted the team low score for the tournament shooting 71 to finish at 1-under par for the tournament. Tylar Whiting shot a final round score of 78 to finish at 6-over for the day to contribute to the team score. Finishing in third place was the Gold Coast Junior Golf Foundation.
Securing the victory in the Boys (13-15) age division was the team of the North Florida Junior Golf Foundation with a total score of 1-under par over two rounds.
During the first round, Tyler Mawhinney fired a 1-under par round of 71 and Nolan Harper posted a 2-over par round of 74 to go towards the team score.
In the final round, Tyler Mawhinney continued his strong play with a second consecutive 1-under par round of 71 along with Ricky Ruth who also carded a round of 1-under par to capture the win. The team of Rick Smith Golf Performance Center Doral finished runner-up with a team score of 17-over par for the tournament.
The team of Fore Life finished at the top of the leaderboard in the Girls (13-15) age division with a total score 323 for the tournament. On the first day, Ariana Silva and Rachel Gomez posted rounds of 80 to finish at 8-over par with both scores counting toward the team score.
In the final round, Sara Piñeros lead the team with posting an 80 to finish at 8-over par for the day along with Ariana Silva who finished at 11-over par round of 83. Finishing in second place was the First Tee of Miami with a cumulative score of 334.
|Sunny, Winds 5-10mph||92 °F|
|Sunny & Humid||91 °F|
- 36 holes of stroke play
- Total of the low two scores per round of the three gross scores for each team will count per round as team score
- Low gross total team score is Champion
- Two courses will be utilized - players will play the same course both days
- Three players per team and all three members must fall into one division (playing up allowed if approved by FSGA)
Course assignments are as follows:
Boys (16-18) Division - El Campeon Course
Girls (16-18) Division - Las Colinas Course
Boys (13-15) Division - El Campeon Course
Girls (13-15) Division - El Campeon Course
Course assignments are subject to change pending number of entries received in each division.
Championship Field Size
Maximum of 60 teams - 180 players
Eligibility & Entry Priority
- Open to junior programs that provide organized tournaments, instruction, or clinics that are open to all junior golfers in your community
- National or statewide tours are not allowed to participate
- Junior programs may select the individuals they send to the Team Championship by any criteria they select; however, all three players must be directly involved with the local program listed on the entry form
- Only one team ("A" team) from each program will be accepted per division prior to the close of entries
- Additional teams ("B", and "C") will be accepted on a space available basis after the entry deadline based on order of receipt of entry. All "B" teams entered before the deadline will be considered for acceptance before any "C" teams are considered.
- Entrant must not have reached their 19th birthday by the last day of the Championship and not attending college if graduated from high school. See exception here.
Junior Programs may reserve a spot (with a fully-paid entry) without team member's names prior to the closing date.
- $195 per team
- Coaches carts are not included in above entry fee
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field
Schedule of Events
Saturday, July 31st
- 6:45 AM - 9:15 AM Registration (Coach registers for team)
- 7:30 AM - 9:36 AM - Tee times off of #1 & #10
Sunday, August 1st
- 7:30 AM - 9:36 AM - Tee times off of #1 & #10
*Tee times could change based on amount of entries*
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
- Boys 16-18 will play approximately 6,600-6,800 yards
- Girls 16-18 will play approximately 5,600-5,800 yards
- Boys 13-15 will play approximately 6,300-6,500 yards
- Girls 13-15 will play approximately 5,400-5,600 yards
Based on age as of the last day of the tournament
- Boy's Ages 16-18
- Boy's Ages 13-15
- Girl's Ages 16-18
- Girl's Ages 13-15
The Championship is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis at either golf course. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax which includes a cart (if 16 years of age or older). The number of carts per group may be restricted. To schedule your practice round call (352) 324-3885. You may begin calling for practice round tee times one week prior to the day you wish to play. Practice round rate is for participants only.
Each team is allowed ONE Coach. Only that coach may give advice after the completion of a hole and before the start of the next hole. Each Coach should register themselves as the team coach at the registration table to receive their team packet.
Coaches and spectators may rent carts for $25 plus tax each day. Carts are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The FSGA requests these carts be used to assist in evacuation of players if play is suspended for dangerous situation (inclement weather).
Boys (16-18: North Florida Junior Golf Foundation (pictured top right)
Girls (16-18): Plantation Preserve Golf Academy (pictured top left)
Boys (13-15): North Florida Junior Golf Foundation (Pictured bottom right)
Girls (13-15): North Florida Junior Golf Foundation (pictured bottom left)
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
There will be a registration table located outside the Golf Shop on Saturday morning. All players and coaches are expected to register before the first round.
Crystal trophies will be awarded to each member and the coach of the winning team. In the Boys division, each member of the winning teams, and individual medalist (if on a non-winning team), will receive three exemptions to the Florida Junior Tour. In the Girls division, each member of the winning teams, and individual medalist (if on a non-winning team), will receive two exemptions to the Florida Junior Tour.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Mission Inn Resort & Club
10400 CR 48
Howey-In-The-Hills, FL 34737
$116 per room, per night plus resort fee ($16) and tax
- $176 per suite, Club Suite Accommodations
- $325 per suite, One-Bedroom Suite Accommodations
- $550 per suite, Two-Bedroom Suite Accommodations
- $875 per suite, Three-Bedroom Penthouse Suite Accommodations
Mission Inn Resort accepts cash, check, and all major credit cards.
Mission Inn Resort & Club
10400 County Road 48
Howey-in-the-Hills, FL 34737
Click here for directions.