Parent-Child Championship (9-holer)
July 21-22, 2018
In the 30 and Older division the team of John and Joseph Latowski captured the lead after a low tournament round of 67 (-5) on day two. John and Joseph, of Port Saint Lucie, tied the teams of Gary and Andrew Saft, and Rene and Victor Leoni after a round one 69 (-3). The Latowski’s broke the tie after the second round as the Saft’s posted a round two 70 (-2). A three stroke win with a 136 (-8) tournament total gave the Latowski’s their first Parent-Child victory. Gary and Andrew Saft took second place at 139 (-5) while Leonard and Len Schonfeld rounded out the top three with a 140 (-4) total. The 30 and older division played Celebration Golf Club on day one followed by Disney – Magnolia round two.
Two teams were crowned Champions in the 21-29 division after playing Disney-Palm and Reunion – Watson Course. Mitch and Katie Mitchell posted an impressive round one score of 66 followed by a second round 68 to finish tied for the lead at 134 (-10). Tied with the Mitchell’s was the team of Chad and Chase Ibbotson. The Ibbotson’s shot 69 in round one and the exceptional score of 65 in round two for a 134 total. The Mitchell’s and Ibbotson’s agreed to be Co-Champions exemplifying the true meaning of sportsmanship! Past Champions Ralph and Chet Ghioto finished in third place with rounds of 68-70—138 (-6).
David and Andrew Knighton captured first place with consistent under-par rounds of 68-67 for a 135 (-9) total. Due to David Knighton being a professional the second place team of Cooper and Brian Smith were crowned Champions in the 16-20 division. The Smith’s carded a first round 66 to take the early lead and with a second round 70 the team hoisted the trophy at 136 (-8) total. Steve and Miles Albright finished in third place two shots back with rounds of 67-70. The players in this division started on the Reunion-Palmer Course and finished at Celebration Golf Club.
In the 15 and younger division Jesse and Stefan Daley carded the Parent-Child tournament low round of 64 (-8) and second round 68 to win by four strokes. The players competed at Disney-Magnolia in round one and Disney-Palm in round two. Louis and Louis John Giovacchini stole second place with rounds of 65-71—136 while Jimmy and Ryan Letterly captured third place posting 71-67—138.
For our youngest participants, the FSGA offers a nine-hole parent-child tournament that is hosted by Lake Buena Vista course at Walt Disney World. Using a stableford scoring method, the three divisions, 6-7, 8-9, & 10-12, had the opportunity to play nine holes each day and compete in the Parent-Child 9-Hole Championship.
In the 6-7 age division Leigh Anne and Patrick Creavy won after a playoff against the team of Andy and Jack Green. The two teams tied for the lead with 44 points and would play a chip-off to determine the winner. Patrick and Jack chipped first with Leigh Ann and Andy left to putt. Leigh Ann sunk a 25-foot putt to claim the win.
Another playoff crowned the Champion in the 8-9 division after the teams of Andrew and Alexander Stewart and Rob and Christian Koehn tied for the lead with 57 points. Rob and Christian Koehn went into the playoff vying to win their third Parent-Child Championship but as Andrew sunk Alexander’s chip the win was awarded to the Stewart’s. CJ and DJ Holland finished one stroke back in second place with rounds of 30 and 26 points.
The 10-12 division was won by the team of David and Alexander Ragan after rounds of 29-31—60. Three strokes back in second place finished the team of Mark and Sean Adamczyk. Rounding out the top three was the team of Kevin and Griffin Henry with rounds of 27 and 29 points for a total of 56.
~ Lake Buena Vista Course (Back 9) ~
A tradition in Florida for more than 20 years, the FSGA Parent-Child Championship includes men, women, boys and girls of all ages. Parents and Grandparents are eligible to play with their children and grandchildren, and there are multiple age divisions so that everyone can participate. For the youngest golfers, ages 6-12, teams play nine holes each day on the Lake Buena Vista Course. This age group uses a modified alternate-shot format with Stableford scoring for both nine hole rounds. Different ages also play a variety of tee lengths to make sure that everyone is playing from the correct distance. All rounds begin with morning shotgun starts to allow time for players and families to enjoy all of the Orlando attractions (such as Sea World, Universal, Magic Kingdom, Wet n' Wild, etc.) in the afternoon. Join the hundreds of families that have made the Parent-Child Championship an annual tradition. For a look at the 2017 Championship Results click here.
- 18 holes (9 holes each day) of Modified Alternate Shot Gross Stableford scoring (no handicaps)
- 8:30 AM shotgun (6-7 and 8-9 Age Divisions) - both rounds
- 10:45 AM shotgun (10-12 Age Division) - both rounds
Modified Alternate Shot Format Instructions:
- Both players hit their tee shots
- Next, both players hit the second shot with their partner's ball
- After each ball has been played twice, the team chooses which ball it will use to complete the hole hitting alternate shots into the hole
- Scoring will be Gross Stableford within Age Divisions
- Double Bogey...........1 point
- Bogey.......................2 points
- Par............................3 points
- Birdie........................4 points
- Eagle........................5 points
- Double Eagle............6 points
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 44 teams; 88 players total
- At least one entrant of each team must be a member of the FSGA
- Child must be age 6 or older as of July 22, 2018
- A child 6-12 years of age can move up to the Regular Division, but a child age13 or older may not move down.
- Professionals can play and are eligible for trophies or prizes
- Grandparents may also play with grandchildren.
- $140 GHIN Members or Foundation Member
- $160 Non-GHIN Members
- Only two-person teams are permitted
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the the 8:30 or 11:00 shotgun field of 22 teams each is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry for their respective shotgun division, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Teams will be placed in Divisions according to the child's age as of the last day of the Championship - There will be no gender-based divisions
- Ages 6-7
- Ages 8-9
- Ages 10-12
All Women & boys 10-12
Boys 6-9 and all Girls 6-12
Practice rounds on the Lake Buena Vista Course are offered at discounted rates of $25 for adults and $10 for juniors and are available after 10:00 AM. Before 10:00 AM, the regular rate applies. Players may book practice rounds up to 7 days in advance of tee time. Players may call 407-WDW-GOLF (939-4653) to reserve a tee time Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 5 PM.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Child 10-12: Alexandra and Dave Ragan 31-30~61
Child 8-9: Sophia and Kevin Dyer 29-28~57
Child 6-7: Christian and Rob Koehn 27-27~54
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Due to the number, personal preference, vacation clubs and popularity of hotels in the Orlando area, there is no host hotel for this event.
The course accept Cash, Visa/MasterCard and American Express for method of payment.
Directions to the Lake Buena Golf Course
Disney's Lake Buena Vista Golf Course is located near the Disney Springs Marketplace. Take Interstate 4 to exit #68, heading North on Route 535. Turn left onto Hotel Plaza Boulevard. Follow the signs to Disney's Lake Buena Vista Golf Course, located at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.