Senior/Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship
March 21-22, 2015
The 12th Senior/Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship has concluded after an outstanding couple of days at Victoria Hills Golf Club in Deland, FL. Each team was required to have a mid-amateur (25-54) and a senior (55+) and the competition was conducted over 36 holes of four-ball stroke play.
The team of Kelly Gosse and Pete Williams, from Ocala and Juno Beach respectively, held the overnight lead after a stellar 65 on day one. The two blitzed the course with 7 birdies on the day and no blemishes. They would not rest on their laurels as they came out and birdied the first hole on Sunday en route to an opening nine-33. Determined not to be overtaken, Gosse and Williams carded 5 straight birdies, starting on number 11, to close the tournament with a 30 for a 65-63-128. Full Story
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Mid-Amateur||6,735 Yds. 72.3/136|
|Senior||6,298 Yds. 70.3/132|
|Warm & Light Breezes||86 °F|
Entries Close Wednesday, March 11, 2015
$330 per team ($310 with GHIN handicaps)
Four-Ball is one of the most popular and enjoyable formats in all of golf. Partners play their own ball into the hole and take the better score for the hole of the two of them. There will be separate tees for the mid-amateurs and seniors to accommodate all players. For a look at the 2014 Championship Results click here.
- 36 holes of four-ball stroke play, (commonly known as a two-person, best-ball)
- Maximum of 48 total teams
- The lowest gross team score for 36 holes will be the Champion (no handicaps used)
After 18 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and/or the range of scores.
- Teams consist of one male amateur at least 55 years of age, and one male amateur 25-54 years of age as of March 21, 2015
- Entrants must both be members of the FSGA.
- $310 per team GHIN Member or Foundation Member
- $330 per team Non-GHIN Member
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately:
- Mid-Amateurs - 6,700-6,900 yards
- Senior Amateurs - 6,300-6,500 yards
Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 21st
- 12:00 PM Round One tee times off of #1 and #10 tees
Sunday, March 22nd
- 8:30 AM Final Round shotgun
Only one of the partners per team needs to sign the score card and each score to count must be individually identifiable. See Rule 31-3.
Practice rounds are available five days prior to the event on a space available basis. Practice rounds are restricted to after 12:00 PM. The cost of a practice round is $40.00 plus tax. Please call (386) 738-6000 to reserve a time for a practice round. The place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range. Hitting multiple balls on the golf course is unacceptable.
The team of Doug LaCrosse and Jon Veneziano went wire-to-wire firing a two round total 63-65-128 to capture the 11th Senior/Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship at the Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club's King's Dunes Course.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Current year's Four-Ball Championship
Host Hotel and Accommodations
The FSGA has a group rate arranged at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orange City for $89 plus tax per night. Please click here to direct you to the hotel booking page. Use the group code "FSG" to secure the discounted rate.
Group Code: FSG
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
1330 Saxon Blvd
Orange City, Florida 32763
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - If a player employs a caddie, the caddie MUST walk and player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Victoria Hills Golf Club accepts Cash, Visa/MasterCard and American Express for method of payment.
Directions to Victoria Hills Golf Club
Click here for directions