Senior Amateur Championship
April 10-12, 2018
Entries Close: Wednesday, February 28th at 11:30 PM
The 57th Senior Amateur Championship heads to beautiful West Palm Beach and the always immaculate Mayacoo Lakes Country Club. Enjoy a complimentary players' dinner on the evening before the first round as well as lunch before or after the first two rounds. For those not exempt into the Championship field, six qualifiers are held around the state to determine the field. Click here for a look at the 2017 Championship Results.
- 54 holes of individual stroke play
- Cut to the low 60 and ties after the second round
- Initial groupings will be for two days; the field will be cut and re-paired by score after the second round
- Round three tee times will start at 8:00 AM off of the 1st and 10th tees
Championship Field Size
Maximum of 144 players
- Male amateur golfer
- At least 55 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
|Qualifying Fee||Championship Fee|| Exempt Fee
- Qualifying Fee: Qualifying Fee includes entry fee and cart fee.
- Championship Fee: Fee paid by those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying. Includes a players' dinner, tee gifts and gift certificates, course and cart fees, range balls, and lunch for the first and second round.
- Exempt Fee: Exempt Fee includes Championship Fee and Entry Fee for those individuals eligible for exemption. As well as the players' dinner, tee gifts and gift certificates, course and cart fees, range balls, and lunch for the first and second rounds.
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the qualifying field.
Those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit an additional $245 online at the FSGA website at www.fsga.org. Fees include lunch after each of the first two rounds and a Players' Dinner. Payment must be received by Tuesday, April 3 by 3:30 pm, or the individual will be withdrawn from the Championship. Championship Fee includes cart fees for all competitive rounds.
- Log on to the FSGA website at www.fsga.org using your email address and password
- Click on "My Account" in the upper right hand corner of the homepage
- Under "My Tournaments", click on the "Pre-Register" button to the right of the tournament name
- Enter your credit card information and then click the "Charge My Card" button on the bottom right hand corner of the page
Championship players are responsible for practice round cart fees at qualifying sites and at the Championship proper. Click on Tee Times & Info above and then view the Player Information sheet for each qualifying site venue to find the practice round information
At the Championship, a practice round is available on a space available basis one week prior to the Championship, and limited to after 12:00 PM on the weekend, at a rate of $35 plus tax. Please call 561-793-1700 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable. A second practice round may be available at the club's prevailing guest rate..
Refunds, Notice of Withdrawals
Requests for qualifying entry refunds received prior to entry closing date will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). Requests received after the closing date will be honored (less 50% of entry fee). No requests will be honored within two days of the scheduled start date.
Requests for refunds of Exempt or Championship fees prior to the pre-registration deadline will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). No requests will be honored after the pre-registration deadline.
Schedule of Events
Monday, April 9th
- 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM – Tournament Registration
- Optional practice rounds
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM – Players’ Dinner at Mayacoo Lakes Country Club
Tuesday, April 10th
- Tournament Registration 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- 8:00 AM - 9:48 AM - Round One morning tee times off #1 and #10
- Complimentary players' lunch buffet in the main clubhouse
- 12:30 PM - 2:18 PM - Round One afternoon tee times off #1 and #10
Wednesday, April 11th
- 8:00 AM - 9:48 AM - Round Two morning tee times off #1 and #10
- Complimentary players' lunch buffet in the main clubhouse
- 12:30 PM - 2:18 PM - Round Two afternoon tee times off #1 and #10
Thursday, April 12th
- 8:00 AM - Final Round tee times off #1 and #10
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
- Lunch available for purchase
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,500-6,600 yards.
18 holes of stroke play at 6 local sites. Cart fees are included in your qualifying fee.
George DeSear overcame a 5-shot deficit in the final round to capture his first FSGA title which was held at Bradenton Country Club. Playing on his home course, DeSear shot rounds of 74-72-70--216 (E) to claim the title by one stroke over Doug LaCrosse and Robert Polk. Results
Players in the following categories will be eligible for exemption provided they meet all entry and eligibility requirements.
- Last ten year's Senior Amateur Champions
- Top 30 and tied from last year's Senior Amateur Championship
- Last three year's Senior Amateur Match Play Championship (55-64 Age Division) Champions
- Last year's Super-Senior Amateur Champion (65-69 Age Division)
- Player finishing runner-up in last year's Senior Amateur Match Play Championship (55-64 Age Division)
- Top 10 and tied from last year's Senior Player of the Year final point standings
- Top 20 and tied from the Winter Series (55-64 Age Division) current points list as of the close of entries
- Top 3 and tied from the Winter Series (65 and Over Age Division) current points list as of the close of entries
- Winners of the current season's Winter Series Senior (55-64 Age Division) individual events
- Points Champion of previous season's Winter Series (55-64 Age Division Age Division) points list
- Points Champion of previous season's Winter Series (65 and Over Age Division) points list
- Players finishing in the top 10 and tied of last year's Florida Senior Open Championship
- Players finishing in the top 30 and tied of last year's Mid-Senior Championship
- Players making match play at last year's Mid-Amateur Championship
- Florida residents qualifying for any one of last year's USGA National Championships
- Top 3 and tied from last year's Palm Beach County Golf Association Senior points list
- Last year's PBCGA Senior Amateur Champion
- Last year's PBCGA Tour Championship Senior Division Champion
- Top 3 and tied from last year's Lie Scratch Tour Florida Senior Division points list
- Last year's Lie Scratch Tour Florida Senior Division Champion
- Championship Host Club's Representative
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next ten Senior Amateur Championships
- Current year's Amateur Championship
- Current year's Mid-Amateur Championship
- Next two Florida Senior Open Championships
Top five and tied finishers
- Current year's Florida Senior Open Championship
Top thirty and tied finishers
- Next year's Senior Amateur Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here. Due to the limited number of carts available, spectator carts will not be available at this Championship.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
4000 RCA Boulevard
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
$139 per room, per night, plus tax. Click here to book online.
Payment at Club
Mayacoo Lakes Country Club accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discovery (No American Express).
Directions to Mayacoo Lakes Country Club
Mayacoo Lakes Country Club
9697 Mayacoo Club Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33411