Women's Net Championship
September 15-16, 2018
Women's Net Championship
- Club Pelican Bay - Club/Pelican Nines
- Yardages & Rating
- Middle Division - 5,308 yds. & 71.8/129
- Forward Division - 4,778 yds. & 68.9/123
- Saturday - Hot and humid with temperatures in the low 90's.
- Sunday - Humid with a heat index in the low 100's.
Lucy Antonetti, of Tampa, took the early lead after Round 1 with a five under-par, 67. Following suit during Round 2, Lucy carded a two under-par, 70 for a two day total of 137 and three stroke victory over past Champion, Kim Byle. Byle posted rounds of 68-72--140 to fall just short of her second victory. This marks Antonetti's first FSGA title!
Fang Zhu took home the title in the Forward Division with a familiar two day total of 137 with rounds of 72 and 65! Zhu, of Miami Beach, came out to win on Sunday. Her stellar seven under-par, 65, secured her one stroke victory, and first FSGA Title, over Round 1 leader Carol Baker. Carol carded a 67 in Round 1, but fell just short to finish tied for second with Abbye Dorn at 138.
Scoring and Results
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Middle||5,308 yds. 71.8/129|
|Forward||4,778 yds. 68.9/123|
Pelican & Club Nines
The fifth Women's Net Championship will be making its way back to the ever popular Naples to a new host site, Club Pelican Bay! For a look at the 2017 Championship Results click here.
- 36 holes of individual net stroke play (100% of handicap will be used)
- Two Divisions - Middle and Forward
- The overall Champions will be the individuals with the lowest 36-hole total net score (regardless of pre-flighting)
- No pairings requests will be honored for this Championship
$160 - Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, an awards luncheon after the final round on Sunday, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 84 players
- Female amateur golfer
- At least 18 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Entrants are not required to be a member of the FSGA
Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 15th
- 7:30 - 8:30 AM - Tournament Registration
- 8:45 AM - Round One shotgun
Sunday, September 16th
- 8:45 AM - Final Round shotgun
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM (approx.) - Player's Awards luncheon - Included with entry fee
Host Hotel and Accommodations
The Ritz-Carlton Naples Golf Resort
2600 Tiburon Drive
Naples, FL 34109
$119 +tax per night
Hampton Inn Naples
2630 Northbrooke Plaza Drive
Naples, FL 34119
$89 +tax per night - breakfast included
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
Players must select their division at the time of entry:
- Middle Division - 5,200-5,400 yards approx.
- Forward Division - 4,700-4,900 yards approx.
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions:
- Middle Division - 15.0 and Under
- Forward Division - 16.0 and Over
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any player out of the Forward Division if their handicap is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Forward Division.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from the September 1, 2018 revision
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index no higher than 34.0
- All players will play to 100% of their course handicap
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Middle and Forward Divisions will be pre-flighted based on individual handicaps.
Generally, divisions of more than 14 individuals will be flighted, however the Committee reserves the right to flight based on the number of individuals and/or the range of handicaps.
All Divisions - Ties for first place in each flight of the Middle and Forward Divisions will be broken by a modified USGA tie break method. The final day 18 hole net respective score will be used to determine the first place individual. (If there is still a tie, the final 9 holes of the last day (holes 10-18) will be used to determine the winner. If there is still a tie, the final 6 holes are used; then if needed the final 3 holes; then the final hole; then by coin flip).
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 239-597-1183 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Club Pelican Bay does not accept Cash, only Visa/MasterCard are accepted forms of payment
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Directions - Club Pelican Bay
707 Gulf Park Drive
Naples, FL 34108