Women's Four-Ball Championship
March 16-17, 2019
Entries Close: Wednesday, March 6th at 11:30 PM
$380 (per team)
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, a player luncheon after the first round, an awards luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the team gain acceptance into the field.
- Female amateur golfers
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Committee approval is required for entry if the second partner is less than 13 years of age
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Both entrants are required to be members of the FSGA
- 36 holes of four-ball stroke play (commonly known as a two-person, best-ball)
- Three divisions - Championship, Middle, and Forward
- The overall Champion will be the team from the Championship Division with the lowest 36-hole total score
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 48 teams
Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 16th
7:00 AM - 8:15 AM - Registration
8:30 AM - Round One shotgun
- 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM (approx.) - Player luncheon - Included in entry fee
Sunday, March 17th
8:30 AM - Final Round shotgun
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM (approx.) - Awards luncheon - Included in entry fee
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full, or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
Teams must select their division at the time of entry. A team may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Championship Division - 5,800-6,000 yards (Gross Only)
- Middle Division - 5,300-5,500 yards (Gross & Net)
- Forward Division - 4,800-5,000 yards (Gross & Net)
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions.
Handicap differential between partners may be no more than eight (8) strokes.
- Championship Division - 18.0 & Under
- Middle Division - 19.0-34.0
- Forward Division - 35.0-68.0
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any team out of the Forward Division if their team handicap (or an individual partner's handicap) is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Forward Division yardage.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from the March 1, 2019 revision
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Players in the Middle and Forward Divisions will play to 95% of their course handicap
- The course handicap differential between partners in the net divisions may be no more than eight (8) strokes (If the differential is more than eight (8) strokes,the higher course handicap will be reduced to allow for the difference)
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Championship Division is gross only and will not be flighted.
The Middle and Forward Divisions will be pre-flighted based on combined team handicaps.
Generally, divisions of more than 12 teams will be pre-flighted. Flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of combined team handicaps.
Championship Division - The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death play-off on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champion.
Other Divisions - All ties in each flight of the Middle and Forward Divisions will be broken by the USGA scorecard match. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend before. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax and includes cart and range balls prior to the round. Visa and Mastercard are only accepted in the Golf Shop. Please call 352-854-1272 to arrange your practice round.The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
After Saturday's Round One finish, four teams shot under par, with the team of Ariel Yu, of Bradenton, and Chloe Schiavone, of Jacksonville, leading the way after a seven-under par 65. Kayla Holden and Lauren Davenport sat five strokes behind Yu and Schiavone after a first round 70. After getting off to a great start, shooting a 5-under 31 on the front nine, the two went on to close with a second round 66, finishing at 13-under par total for the Championship and winning by nine strokes. Their final score of 131 breaks the previous 36-hole Four-Ball record of 133.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Courtyard - Ocala
3712 SW 38th Avenue
Ocala, FL 34474
$119 +tax per night
Click here to book online
Must reserve by February 18th
Stone Creek accepts all major forms of payment.Directions - Stone Creek Golf Club
9679 SW 62nd Loop
Ocala, FL 34481