Futures Championship (11-12 & 9-10)
June 8-9, 2019
- 84 player field size
- Age Divisions: Boys and Girls 11-12 and 9-10 years of age
- Thirty-six holes of individual stroke play
- If necessary, there will be a hole by hole play-off to determine the Champion. It is the player's responsibility to be present for any play-off.
- Male or female amateur golfer
- Entrant is not required to be a member of the FSGA
- Must be at least 9 years of age on the first day of the Championship and no older than 12 years of age as of the last day of the Championship
- All players will compete in the age division commensurate with their age as of the last day of the Championship. No players are allowed to play out of their age division.
- Exception: Those players granted permission to play up into the 9-10 age divisions during the season will be allowed to compete in the 9-10 age divisions of the Championship.
- Championship Fee: $100
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, and a trophy for the winner in each division. Late entries will be accepted and subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, June 8th
- 6:45 - 9:15 AM - Player Registration
- 7:30 - 9:27 AM - Round One tee times off #1 & #10 tees
Sunday June 9th
- 7:30 - 9:27 AM - Final Round tee times off #1 & #10 tees
- Awards ceremony following the completion of play
Entry Priority and Field Determination
The Championship field is determined by the following method:
1. FJT winners from the current season (November 2018 - May 2019) are reserved a spot in the Championship field. Players must have their entry in before the close of entries on May 22nd, 2019.
2. All other entries will be held until the close of entries date. Players will then be accepted based off their standing on the FJT points lists as of the close of entries. In some extraordinary cases, performance in other national or state events may be taken into account.
Approximately 54 boys and 30 girls will be accepted into the field:
- Boys 11-12 - 36 players
- Girls 11-12 - 18 players
- Boys 9-10 - 18 players
- Girls 9-10 - 12 players
Field sizes may change based on the number of entries in each age division.
Boys Points Standings
Girls Points Standings
3. An alternates list will be posted to the website under "Tee Times and Player Information".
The FSGA reserves the right to modify the selection process and field sizes referenced above.
- Boys 11-12 Age Division - 5,500 yards
- Girls 11-12 Age Division - 5,000 yards
- Boys 9-10 Age Division - 5,000 yards
- Girls 9-10 Age Division - 4,200 yards
Please click here to view the approximate distance per hole for each age division.
Boys and Girls 11-12 Age Division
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 PM on the weekends. The price for a practice round is $30.00 plus tax.
Please call 941-697-3729 to arrange your practice round.
Always remember, the proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range. Hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks is unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion earns 1 performance star.
- Champion earns 1 performance star.
Exemptions and Earning Permission to Play Up
9-10 Age Division
Champions of the Girls 9-10 and Boys 9-10 divisions will earn the ability to play in their respective 11-12 division.
11-12 Age Division
Champions of the Girls 11-12 and Boys 11-12 divisions will earn the ability to play in their respective Florida Junior Tour 13-15 division. Champions will ALSO earn one exemption into a Florida Junior Tour 13-15 event.
The FSGA reserves the right to modify the above selection process for earning the ability to play up.
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Transportation - Players must walk and carry their bag (push carts are allowed).
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here. Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available on a first-come, first-served basis for $25 plus tax.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Click here to view host hotel information.
Directions - Lemon Bay Golf Club
9600 Eagle Preserve Drive
Englewood, FL 34224