June 24-25, 2017
Hammer & Stasi Come from Behind to Claim Title
Kevin Hammer and Meghan Stasi
LPGA International - Hills Course
72 - 64 -- 136
- Championship Men - 6,534 yds. 72.1/137
- Championship Women - 5,734 yds. 74.1/137
- Forward Men - 6,271 yds. 70.4/129
- Forward Women - 5,159 yds. 70.6/121
- Round 1 - Sunny skies throughout the round, but extremely hot and muggy.
- Round 2 - Overcast skies for the whole day and some light and variable winds.
Championship Division Recap
Kevin Hammer and Meghan Stasi are no strangers to winning FSGA Championships. Kevin came into this year's Summer Mixed with his sights set on winning his third straight Summer Mixed Championship. After winning last year at Tranquilo Golf Club and two years ago at Mission Inn Resort with his daughter Alexa, Kevin and Meghan would undoubtedly be a tough team to beat on the Hills Course at LPGA International. After opening with an even par round of 72, Kevin and Meghan found themselves two strokes off the lead heading into the final round.
Sunday's final round saw two teams run away from the rest of the field. The team of Jimmy Jones Sr. and Terese Romeo came out of the gate looking to claim their second Summer Mixed Championship. Terese and Jimmy won the 2014 Championship at Black Diamond Ranch and were focused on bringing home another victory. With a combined six birdies in the final round, the two posted an impressive tournament total of 7 under-par, 137. However, their six birdies in the final round proved to be one birdie short of forcing a play-off with the team of Hammer and Stasi. Kevin and Meghan made eight birdies on Sunday en route to an 8 under-par, 64 (8 under-par, 136 total), which was enough for a one stroke victory over Jones and Romeo.
Forward Division Recap
In a match of cards, Michael and Tinker Sanger took home the first place victory in the gross portion of the Forward Division. The Sanger team played steady golf and fired rounds of 72 - 74 -- 146 which tied Carol Kilian and Chris Berens.
- 1. Michael Sanger and Tinker Sanger
- 2. Chris Berens and Carol Kilian
- 3. Lon Lugten and Colleen Dold
- 4. Ryal Lancaster and Mary Kozak
With net round scores of 66 - 64 -- 130, Mike Kelly and Patti Kelly took home the first place gift certificates in the Forward Division.
- 1. Mike Kelly and Patti Kelly
- 2. Kenny Brehm and Audrey Brehm
- 3. Douglas de Stwolinska and Nicola de Stwolinska
- 4. Paul Moltisanti and Mia Kolar
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Championship Men||6,534 yds. 72.1/137|
|Championship Women||5,734 yds. 74.1/137|
|Forward Men||6,271 yds. 70.4/129|
|Forward Women||5,159 yds. 70.6/121|
|Extremely Hot||89 °F|
|Light Breeze||86 °F|
- 36 holes of four-ball stroke play
- 96 players; 48 teams maximum
- Both gross and net competitions are played concurrently in each division
- Prizes and gift certificates are awarded in both divisions with gross scores receiving priority
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- At least one entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
- Teams must consist of one male and one female
$320 (per team)
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, an awards luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, June 24th
- 6:45 - 7:45 AM - Tournament Registration
- 8:00 AM - Round one shotgun
Sunday, June 25th
- 8:00 AM - Final round shotgun
- Player's Awards Luncheon - Included with entry fee
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
Players must select which Division they wish to compete in upon entry. There is NO yardage mix allowed between divisions.
- Championship Division: Men - 6,500 yards/Women - 5,700 yards (Gross & Net)
- Forward Division: Men - 6,200 yards/Women - 5,200 yards (Gross & Net)
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from the June 1, 2017 revision.
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index no higher than 34.0.
The tournament will use the USGA's recommendation of:
- Men receive 90% of their course handicap
- Women receive 95% of their course handicap
- If there is a difference of more than eight strokes between the two members of a team, an additional 10% reduction will be applied to the course handicap of each member of the side.
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than their current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Championship Division - The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death playoff on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champion. All other tie breaks will be broken by the USGA scorecard match. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot.
Forward Division – All ties in each flight of the Forward Division will be broken by the USGA scorecard match. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot.
Forward Division will pay gross first, then net.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call (386) 274-5742 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
The second round provided just as much excitement as the first round did in the Championship Division. Christopher Carlin and Nicole Ferre would not take it easy on defending Champions, Alexa and Kevin Hammer. Carlin/Ferre's closing round of 7 under-par, 64, narrowly missed getting them into a playoff with the defending champs. Things started to get very interesting heading into the par 5, 17th hole, until Alexa made an eagle to jolt her and her father back into the lead. Alexa made a solid par on the final hole to give the team their second Summer Mixed Championship in a row!
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway-Airport
165 Bill France Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
LPGA International accepts all forms of payment.
Directions - LPGA International
1000 Champions Drive
Daytona Beach, FL 32124