Futures Championship (11-12 & 9-10)
June 5-6, 2021
ESTERO, Fla. – Four juniors raised the trophies at the Futures Championship on Sunday at Estero Country Club. Miles Russell captured the win the Boys (11-12) division and Sofia Cherif Essakali took home the victory in the Girls (11-12) division. Axel Monssoh was victorious in the Boys (9-10) division, while Marley Pedrique earned the win in the Girls (9-10) division.
Boys (11-12) Division
Russell fired an impressive final-round 66 to take home the victory in the Boys (11-12) division at 6-under 137. He began the championship with a 1-under 71 in the first round to sit two shots back of the leader heading into the final round.
The Jacksonville Beach native got off to a quick start on Sunday with back-to-back birdies to begin the day. He added a birdie on the sixth and finished the front side at 3 under for the day.
Russell kept it rolling on the back with a birdie on the 10th to move to 5 under for the day. He birdied two of his three holes on Nos. 15-17, securing the four-shot victory with a par on the final hole. His bogey free final-round 66 was the low round of the championship.
Joseph Ajax LaNasa took home third-place finish at 3-under 141, putting together rounds of 73-68. Sohan Patel put together rounds of 72-70 to earn third at 2-under 142.
Girls (11-12) Division
Essakali captured a commanding win in the Girls (11-12) division, securing the 10-shot victory with a 1-under 142. The Naples native fired a 5-under 67 in Saturday’s first round to take a nine-shot lead over the field.
She got off to a slow start, playing the first four holes at 2 over. Essakali quickly turned it around, playing the remainder of her first nine. She finished the day with a 1-over second nine to post a final-round 75 and secure the win.
Nicole Sardinha finished second at 8-over 152, carding rounds of 80-72. Callie Nelson took third place at 9-over 153.
Boys (9-10) Division
Monssoh picked up the victory in the Boys (9-10) division, finishing the championship at 2-over 146. The Miami resident began the weekend with a 1-over 73 to take a two-shot lead over the field.
He carded a 1-over first nine to begin the final round. Monssoh quickly birdied the first hole after the turn, adding two more on the day to finish with a 1-over 73 and capture the five-shot win.
Gordon Nip finished second at 7-over 151, with rounds of 75-76. Two players finished in a tie for third at 8-over 152: Niko Gordic-Ronderos and David Cochran.
Girls (9-10) Division
Pedrique used a 2-under 142 to capture the 17-shot win in the Girls (9-10) division. She began the championship with a 1-over 73 to take an 8-shot lead over the field.
Getting off to a hot start in the final round, Pedrique birdied the first hole and added another on the 17th. The Palm Beach Gardens native made the turn bogey free with two birdies. She continued her strong play on the second nine, adding three birdies to finish with a final-round 69.
Leah Gram took second place at 15-over 159, while Rain Jiang finished third at 29-over 173.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys (11-12)||5,596 yds. 67.8/112|
|Girls (11-12)||5028 yds. 69.3/115|
|Boys (9-10)||5028 yds. 65.2/107|
|Girls (9-10)||4394 yds. 65.6/110|
|Scattered thunderstorms with showers in the later afternoon||85 °F|
Format: 36-holes of gross stroke play
Eligibility: Boys and Girls (11-12) & (9-10) (age calculated from the last day of the event) - FJT Membership - Florida GHIN required (24.0 or less) - free with Junior Membership
Handicap: Florida GHIN required
Entry Fee: $100
Field Determination: First-come-first-serve basis, 84 players field
- 9-10 and 11-12 Age Divisions
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- If necessary, there will be a hole by hole play-off to determine the Champion. It is the player's responsibility to be present for any play-off.
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 84 players
- Field size to be determined based proportionately on the number of entries in each division.
- At the close of entries, if the 9-10 division (boys or girls) has 3 or less entrants, those players must choose one of the following options: 1) Play up into the 11-12 division OR 2) Withdraw from the event and receive a full refund.
- Estero Country Club
- Male or Female amateur golfers
- Entrant must be no older than 12 as of the last day of the Championship.
- Entrant is not required to be a member of the FSGA
- All players must compete in the age division commensurate with their age as of the last day of the Championship. No players are allowed to play out of their age division. Exception: Those players granted permission to play up into the 9-10 age divisions during the season will be allowed to compete in the 9-10 age division of the Championship.
$100 - Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf and tee gift. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- First come, first served up to 60 entries.
- After the first 60 entries are processed, the FSGA will hold spots for Champions from the season and those players atop the Points Lists who have yet to enter.
- An alternates list will be posted to the website under "Tee Times and Player Information".
The FSGA reserves the right to modify the selection process and field sizes referenced below.
Approximately 54 boys and 30 girls will be accepted into the field
- Boys 11-12 - 36 players
- Girls 11-12 - 18 players
- Boys 9-10 - 18 players
- Girls 9-10 - 12 players
Field sizes may change based on the number of entries in each age division
The golf course will be set-up at approximately:
- Boys 11-12 Age Division - 5,500 yards
- Girls 11-12 Age Division - 5,000 yards
- Boys 9-10 Age Division - 5,000 yards
- Girls 9-10 Age Division - 4,200 yards
Saturday, June 5th
- 11:00 AM - 1:27 PM - Player Registration
- 12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Tee times off #1 & #10 tees
Sunday, June 6th
- 7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Tee times off #1 & #10 tees
- Awards ceremony following the completion of play
The Championship is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard for the 11-12 age divisions only.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion- 2 stars
- Top Five- 1 star
- Champion- 2 stars
- Top Three- 1 star
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship and after 12:00 PM on the weekend prior on a space available basis The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 239-267-7003 to book your practice round at Estero Country Club. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Boys 11-12 Champion- Jessy Huebner
Girls 11-12 Champion- Bella Dovhey
Boys 9-10 Champion- Ryan Nana Tanke
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Transportation - Players must walk and carry their bag (push carts are allowed).
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
There is no host hotel.
Estero Country Club
19501 Vintage Trace Circle
Estero, FL 33967
Click here for directions.