Women's Amateur Stroke Play Championship
July 5-7, 2019
Entries Close: Wednesday, June 5th at 11:30 PM
Black Diamond Ranch - Lecanto will host the 25th Women's Amateur Stroke Play Championship, featuring some of the top women amateur golfers in Florida. The Tom Fazio design offers a dramatic golf environment that both challenging and beautiful. For a look at the 2018 Championship results click here.
$190 (for GHIN handicap members)
$200 (for non-GHIN handicap members)
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, an awards luncheon after the final round on Sunday, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- Female amateur golf
- Florida residency required
- A valid USGA Handicap Index not exceeding 14.4
- Entrant is not required to be a member of the FSGA
- 54 holes of individual stroke play
- The overall Champion will be the individual with the lowest 54-hole total score
Entry Priority - New for 2019
Prior to Close of Entries
- Last 5 Women's Amateur Stroke Play Champions
- Top 20 players and tied from last year's Women's Amateur Stroke Play Championship
- Top 50 players and tied from last year's Women's Player of the Year Points List
- Top 50 players and tied from last year's Girls' Junior Player of the Year Points List
- Top 1000 and tied players on WAGR
- Any player qualifying for last year's U.S. Women's Open Championship
- Any player qualifying for last year's U.S. Women's Amateur Championship
- Any player qualifying for last year's U.S. Girls' Junior Championship
After Close of Entries
- Any available spots in the field will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis
- Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The FSGA may hold an undisclosed number of spots for exceptional circumstances.
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 90 players
Schedule of Events
Friday, July 5th
6:30 - 9:30 AM - Player Registration
7:30 - 9:36 AM - Round One tee times off #1 & #10
Saturday, July 6th
7:30 - 9:36 AM - Round Two tee times off #1 & #10
Sunday, July 7th
7:30 - 9:36 AM - Final Round tee times off #1 & #10
Awards luncheon immediately following play
- 5,900 - 6,100 yards (Gross Only)
The overall Champion will be the individual with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death play-off on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champion.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. THERE WILL BE A 2:00 PM SHOTGUN ON JULY 4TH that players are able to play in on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 352-746-3440 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Haydyn Gibson, of Clearwater, earned her first FSGA Championship title by sinking key birdie putts. After round two Gibson sat in solo third. During Sundays final round, Gibson turned at two under-par and made birdies on 10, 13, and 17 to secure a six stroke victory!
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Suggested Hotels & Accommodations
Hampton Inn - Crystal River
1103 N. Suncoast Parkway
Crystal River, FL 34429
$169 +tax per night
Please call to book your reservation
Must book by June 4th
Black Diamond Ranch accepts AmEx, Visa /MasterCard, and Cash.
Directions - Black Diamond Ranch
3125 West Black Diamond Ranch Circle
Lecanto, FL 34461