Senior Amateur Match Play Championship
June 14-17, 2020
Entries for tournaments scheduled in June and early July will be processed (charged) when we are certain the tournament will be conducted. State and county guidelines may require us to modify the field size. If the field size is modified, the FSGA reserves the right to modify the field determination process.
The Senior Amateur Match Play is a great chance for seniors in Florida to compete in a state Championship with two rounds of stroke play qualifying and 32 players advancing to match play!
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Championship||6,504 yds. 72.1/130|
|Hot and Humid||89 °F|
Format: 36 holes of individual gross stroke play, followed by match play
Eligibility: FSGA Adult Member at least 55 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 10.0 or less
Entry Fee: $185
- 36 holes of individual stroke play to determine the 32 qualifiers for match play.
- Maximum Field Size - 84 players
- A tie for last qualifier's place will be decided immediately by a hole-by-hole play-off.
- For purposes of determining places in the draw, ties in qualifying rounds will be decided by a blind draw.
- In the event of a tied match, the stipulated round is deemed to extend to as many holes as are required for a match to be won.
- Male amateur golfer; at least 55 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Entrant is required to be an Adult member of the FSGA, with a valid FL GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 10.0
Entries are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the field is full. Entries are then placed on an alternates list in order of receipt and contacted if, and when, a spot becomes available.
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Schedule of Events
Sunday, June 14
Round one stroke play tee times will begin at 7:30 AM off #1 and #10 tees.
Monday, June 15
Round two of stroke play. Players will be re-paired by score and tee times will begin at 7:30 AM off #1 and #10 tees.
If necessary, a playoff to determine the final match play seeds will commence immediately following stroke play.
Single elimination matches begin at 1:45 PM
Tuesday, June 16
- 7:30 AM - 8:26 AM - Round of 16 Matches
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Quarterfinal Matches
Wednesday, June 17
7:30 AM - 7:45 AM - Semifinal Matches
12:15 PM - Final Match
Course Set-Up & Age Divisions
The course will be set-up at approximately:
- 6,400 - 6,500 yards - Senior Ages 55-64
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (727) 937-3191 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Owen Joyner, of Bonita Springs, captured the Senior Amateur Match Play Championship for the second time in three years, defeating Doug Jones, of Brandon, 3 & 2, and made his third consecutive finals appearance. Click here for the previous year's results.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next three Senior Amateur Championships
- Next year's Florida Senior Open
- Next year's Senior Amateur Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
There is no host hotel
Cash and all major credit cards
Cypress Run Golf Club
2669 St Andrews Blvd
Tarpon Springs, FL 34688
Click here for directions.