Women's Florida Cup Matches
October 17-19, 2021
2021 Women's Florida Cup Matches
~ Invitational ~
Invitation only for female amateur members of the FSGA. The FSGA selects two sixteen player teams to represent the North and the South of Florida in this biannual competition. Each team’s selections includes:
- (4) Senior players with the highest point totals from the Women's Senior Two-Year Player of the Year Points List
- (4) Players with the highest point totals from the Women's Two-Year Amateur Player of the Year Points List
- (2) Net players from the past two year's Women's Net Championship - The winner, or highest finishing player from the "Middle" division (i.e. The highest finishing player from the "North" and from the "South" will be selected for their team)
- (2) Senior players selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
- (2) Players selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
- (2) Net players selected by the FSGA Championship Committee and the Captains based upon participation and performance over the prior years
In the event that a selected player is not a member of the FSGA, they must become one to meet eligibility requirements. Any designated selections which are not filled due to ineligibility or other reason will be selected by the FSGA Championships Committee.
- Two team shirts, team hat and towel
- Four rounds of golf
- Lunch on Monday and Tuesday
- Welcome Reception Sunday evening
- Pairings Dinner Monday evening
- And much more!
- Ryder Cup style format between the North Team and the South Team
- Each match is worth one point to the team total
- First team to 16 1/2 points wins the Cup for one year
- A 16-16 tie results in the defending champions retaining the Cup for an additional two years.
- Non-Senior Players - 5,800 yards approx. (Gross Only)
- Senior Players - 5,400 yards approx. (Gross Only)
- Net Players - 5,000 yards approx. (Net Only)
- Net Players Only - All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from 7 days prior to the championship start date.
Schedule of Events
Sunday, October 17th
- Afternoon practice rounds starting at 12:00 PM
- Welcome Reception at the Clubhouse
Monday, October 18th
- 8:00 - 9:10 AM - Four-Ball matches off #1 and #10
- 12:30 PM - Foursome matches off #1 and #10
- Pairings Dinner at the Clubhouse
Tuesday, October 19th
- 8:00 - 9:30 AM - Singles matches off #1
- Awards Ceremony and lunch
16 members per team. Teams will be finalized in the days following the U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur Championship.
Each team consists of 6 amateurs, 6 senior golfers (no handicaps) and 4 net players. All players must be of age 21 and over as of October 18, 2021.
Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort
2600 Tiburón DriveNaples, FL 34109
Starting at $159 per night plus tax
Deadline to book your stay: Monday October 4th
Click here to book online
Hard Card; Local Rules and Terms of Competitions
Click here to read the Hard Card and additional Terms of Competitions.
Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, spectator and other policies. Caddies are not permitted in this event.
The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
For the fourth-straight time, it was the South who raised the Women’s Florida Cup on Tuesday. South Florida was victorious during the two-day championship, retaining the cup with a 20-12 win at Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club. It was the South’s fourth-straight Women’s Florida Cup Victory. This year’s eight-point margin of victory is closest Florida Cup result in the championship’s eight-year. For a look at the 2019 results, click here.
Methods of Payment
Quail West accepted Visa, MasterCard and Amex as forms of payment.
Quail West Golf & Country Club
5950 Burnham Rd
Naples, FL 34119
Click here for directions