40th Mid-Amateur Championship
May 13-16, 2021
The Mid-Amateur Championship showcases the top male amateurs, age 25 and up, in the state. Over 350 players will attempt to qualify for the Championship, with 84 advancing. From there, players battle over two rounds for one of 32 spots in the match play bracket and play until one is left standing.
Format: 36-holes of gross stroke play, followed by match play
Eligibility: FSGA Member at least 25 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 7.0 or less
Entry Fees: Qualifying - $85 | Exempt - $180
- 36 holes of individual gross stroke play. Low 32 scores advance to match play.
- Championship Field Size - 84 players
- There will be a hole-by-hole play-off to determine the last qualifier's place in the Championship immediately - all other ties for seeds will be broken randomly
- The match play round of 32 will begin Friday afternoon
- The round of 16 will be played on Saturday morning and the quarterfinals will begin Saturday afternoon
- Semifinals will be played on Sunday morning and Championship match will be played on Sunday afternoon.
- Male amateur golfer at least 25 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Entrant is required to be an FSGA Adult Member with Florida GHIN of 7.0 or below
|Qualifying Fee||Championship Fee|| Exempt Fee
- Qualifying Fee: Qualifying fee includes entry fee and cart fee.
- Championship Fee: Fee paid by those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying. Includes tee gifts, course fees, and range balls for each competitive round.
- Exempt Fee: Exempt Fee includes Championship fee and entry fee for those individuals eligible for exemption.
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the qualifying field.
Thursday, May 13th
- 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round 1 stroke play off #1 and #10 tees
Friday, May 14th
- 8:00 AM shotgun start - Round 2 stroke play
- Field is cut to the 32 for match play; playoff immediately following play to determine the last qualifying position
- Complimentary lunch buffet for competitors following Round 2
- 1:30 PM - Round of 32 of match play off #1 and #10 tees
Saturday, May 15th
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM - Round of 16 of match play off #1 tee
- 12:30 PM - 1:15 PM - Quarterfinals of match play off #1 tee
Sunday, May 16th
- 8:00 AM - 8:15 AM - Semifinals of match play off #1 tee
- 12:00 PM - Final match of match play off # 1 tee
Those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit an additional $130 online at www.FSGA.org under the "My Account" section, which can be located in the top right hand corner of the web-page. Payment must be received by Thursday, May 6th by 3:30 pm, or the individual will be withdrawn from the Championship.
- Log on to the FSGA website at www.fsga.org using your email address and password
- Click on "My Account" in the upper right hand corner of the homepage
- Under "My Tournaments", click on the "Pre-Register" button to the right of the tournament name
- Enter your credit card information and then click the "Charge My Card" button on the bottom right hand corner of the page
Refunds, Notice of Withdrawals
Qualifying Entry Fees - Requests for qualifying entry refunds received prior to entry closing date will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). Requests received after the closing date will be honored (less 50% of entry fee). No requests will be honored within two days of the scheduled start date of the qualifier.
Championship Fees & Exempt Entry Fees - Requests for refunds of Exempt or Championship fees prior to the pre-registration deadline will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). No requests will be honored after the pre-registration deadline (See pre-registration date displayed on this page).
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,800-7,100 yards.
- 18 holes of individual stroke play at six qualifying sites.
- During qualifying, each player must use a golf cart.
- Players are responsible for cart fees for all practice rounds.
Joey Latowski, of Port St. Lucie won the 2020 Mid-Amateur Championship at Mayacoo Lakes Country Club with rounds of 69-67-69--205 to win by 6 strokes. 2020's Championship was postponed to October and the format was changed to 54-holes of stroke play due to Covid-19.
Championship Practice Rounds
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. The cost of your first practice round is $35 plus tax. Please call 561-745-2630 to arrange your practice round. Accepted forms of payment in the Golf Shop are American Express, Visa, and MasterCard.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next five Mid-Amateur Championships
- Next three Amateur Championships
- Next three Amateur Match Play Championships
- Current year's Florida Open
- Next two Mid-Amateur Championships
- Next year's Mid-Amateur Championship
- Current year's Amateur Championship
- Current year's Amateur Match Play Championship
Players making match play
- Next year's Senior Amateur Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are not permitted throughout qualifying and the Championship.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
The Club at Admirals Cove - West Golf Village
149 Golf Village Boulevard
Jupiter, FL 33477
Pro Shop: (561) 745-2630
Click here for directions