May 18-19, 2019
Palm City, Fla. - After what was supposed to be the inaugural championship in 2018 was canceled due to heavy rains and an unplayable golf course, the Women's Shoot-Out went back to Piper's Landing Yacht & Country Club to give it another try. What is now considered the inaugural championship, featured beautiful weather and playing conditions all weekend giving way to the eventual crowning of the first ever Women's Shoot-Out Champions, Patsy Ehret and Nadia Luttner.
The championship began on Saturday with teams competing in a scramble format. The round one leader was the team of Mooksang and St.Onge, who posted a score of 2-under par, 70. Only one shot back was our eventual champions, Ehret and Luttner. Mooksang and St. Onge made a total of 4 birdies to help them hold the overnight lead while Ehret and Nadia had 2 birdies and 1 bogey to finish just 1 shot back.
Ehret and Luttner came back from behind during Sundays final round four-ball.. After carding a birdie on the par 3 seventh hole, Ehret and Luttner would finish their round with only 2 bogeys to secure their victory by 1 stroke with tournament rounds of 71-73--144. Mooksang and St. Onge posted a four-ball score of 75 to finish the weekend 1-over par.
In the Middle Division, the team of Jennie Taylor and Kerstin Koenig carded the lowest round of the weekend, a 3-under par, 69. To top it off, Jennie Taylor made a hole-in-one on the par 3 13th to go along with the teams 2 birdies leaving them tied with the teams of Gordon and Nogueira, and Nagel and Nagel after round one. The three teams all carded rounds of 69 during Saturdays scramble. It was during Sundays four-ball that Taylor and Koenig secured their win. The team carded a 2-over par 74 to win the Middle Division by 2 strokes.
In the Middle Division First Flight, Liz Boudreaux and Paula Holmes secured an 8 stroke victory with team scores of 75-78--153
1 Ehret/ Luttner E (144)
2 Mooksang/ St. Onge +1 (145)
3 Handley/ Marting +3 (147)
Follow the FSGA:
The Women's Schedule will continue with the playing of the 90th Women's Amateur Championship June 12-16 at the Ritz-Carlton Members Club in Bradenton.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Championship||5,440 yds. 73.1/133|
|Light Breeze||85 °F|
$320 (per team)
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, an awards luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- 18 holes of scramble and 18 holes of four-ball stroke play
- Two divisions - Championship and Middle
- The overall Champion will be the team from the Championship Division with the lowest 36-hole total score
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Committee approval is required for entry if the second partner is less than 13 years of age
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- At least one entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
Championship Field Size
- Maximum 48 teams
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 18th
- 6:45 - 7:45 AM - Tournament Registration
- 8:00 AM - Round One shotgun - Scramble
Sunday, May 19th
- 8:00 AM - Final Round shotgun - Four-Ball
- Approx 12:30-2:00 PM - Player's Awards Luncheon - Included with entry fee
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
Teams must select their division at the time of entry. A team may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Championship Division - 5,300 - 5,500 yards (Gross Only)
- Middle Division - 4,800 - 5,000 yards (Gross & Net)
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions. (Recommended based on combined team handicap)
- Championship Division - 20.0 & Under
- Middle Division - 20.0 & Over
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any team out of the Middle Division if their team handicap (or an individual partner's handicap) is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Middle Division yardage.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from the May 1, 2019 revision.
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index no higher than 34.0.
- Players in the Middle Division will play to 95% of their course handicap in Four-Ball stroke play. Player A will play to 35% of their course handicap and Player B will play to 15% of their course handicap in 2-person Scramble.
- The course handicap differential between partners in the net division of four-ball stroke play may be no more than eight (8) strokes (If the differential is more than eight (8) strokes,the higher course handicap will be reduced to allow for the difference)
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Championship Division is gross only and will not be flighted.
The Middle Division will be pre-flighted based on combined team handicaps.
Generally, divisions of more than 12 teams will be pre-flighted. Flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of combined team handicaps.
Championship Division - The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death play-off on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champion.
Middle Division – All ties in each flight of the Middle Division will be broken by the USGA scorecard match. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 772-283-1155 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Marriott Resort - Hutchinson Island
555 NE Ocean Boulevard
Stuart, FL 34996
$140 +tax and resort fee ($15) per night
Please click here or call 800-775-5936 to make a reservation
Must book by May 1st
Piper's Landing accepts Visa/MasterCard and Amex. No cash.
Directions - Piper's Landing Yacht & Country Club
6160 SW Thistle Terrace
Palm City, FL 34990