Women's Senior Amateur Championship
April 2-3, 2019
Founded in 1924, Bradenton Country Club is the proud home of an 18-hole Donald Ross design that was later restored by architect Ron Garl. This award winning golf course is one of Southwest Florida's premier golf destinations. The Women's Senior Amateur offers great competition between the top senior women amateurs in the state. For a look at the 2018 results click here.
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, a player luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- Female amateur golfer
- At least 50 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- At least 65 years of age as of the first day of the Championship to select to play in the Super-Senior Division at time of entry
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- Four Divisions - Senior Championship, Senior Field, Super-Senior Championship and Super-Senior Field
- The overall Champions will be the individuals from the Senior and Super-Senior Championship Divisions with the lowest 36-hole total score
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 84 players
Tuesday, April 2nd
- 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM – Tournament Registration
- 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM – Round One tee times off of #1 and #10 tees
Wednesday, April 3rd
- 8:00 AM - Final Round Shotgun
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM (approx.) – Player's Awards luncheon - Included with entry fee
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
There will be both a Championship (Gross) and Field (Gross & Net) Division in each age bracket. Players must select which Division and Field they wish to compete in upon entry. No player may play in both age brackets or Divisions within age brackets. Players must select their division at the time of entry. A player may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Senior Championship Division - 5,600-5,800 yards approx. (Gross Only)
- Senior Field Division - 5,300-5,500 yards approx. (Gross & Net)
- Super-Senior Championship Division - 5,300-5,500 yards approx. (Gross Only)
- Super-Senior Field Division - 4,700-4,900 yards approx. (Gross & Net)
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions:
- Senior Championship Division - 12.0 and Under
- Senior Field Division - 13.0 and Over
- Super-Senior Championship Division - 12.0 and Under
- Super-Senior Field Division - 13.0 and Over
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any player out of the Senior Field or Super-Senior Field Divisions if their handicap is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from either of those divisions.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from the March 15, 2019 revision.
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0.
- Players in the Field Divisions will play to 100% of their course handicap.
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Championship Divisions are gross only and will not be flighted.
The Field Divisions will be pre-flighted based on individual handicaps and the number of competitors.
Generally, divisions of more than 14 individuals will be flighted, however the Committee reserves the right to flight based on the number of individuals and/or the range of combined individual handicaps or scores.
Championship Divisions - The overall Senior and Super-Senior Champions will be the individuals from their respective Championship Division with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death play-off on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champion.
Other Divisions – All ties in each flight of the Senior and Super-Senior Field Divisions will be broken by the USGA scorecard match. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot.
Field Divisions will pay gross first, then net.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship, and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. Players may play a practice round at the rate of $35.00 + tax and includes a cart and range balls prior to the round. Please call 941-792-4159 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Defending Senior Champion
Mary Jane Hiestand proved that consistency is key as she posted two rounds of 74 at the Country Club of Ocala. The 2017 Women's Senior Player of the Year carded two birdies on the front nine in her final round to secure her victory by four strokes and take home her fourth Senior Amateur title.
Defending Super-Senior Champion
In the Super-Senior Championship Division, Christine Hunt was on a mission to take first place as she carded a final round 76 to move three places up the leaderboard and capture her win. Hunt earned her first FSGA Championship by one stroke with a two day total of 158.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Hampton Inn & Suites - Bradenton Downtown
309 10th St W
Bradenton, FL 34205
$169 +tax per night
Call 941-746-9400 and identify yourself as a Florida State Golf Association player
Must book by February 28th
Bradenton County Club accepts Cash, Visa/MasterCard and American Express for payment.
Directions - Bradenton Country Club
4646 9th Avenue West
Bradenton, FL 34209