The Florida Open
July 20-22, 2012
Seiffert Dominates at Florida Open
Chase Seiffert captures the 66th Florida Open Championship posting a tournament total of 23-under par at The Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club and Sara Bay Country Club in Bradenton/Sarasota on July 20-22. Chase Seiffert, of Panama City, outlasted the field of 156 players to capture the 66th Florida Open Championship with a record setting performance. Click here for full story
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Sara Bay||7,021 yds.|
|Hot and Humid||93 °F|
Entries Close Wednesday June 13, 2012
The 2012 Florida Open will be held July 20-22 at the Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club and Sara Bay Country Club in Bradenton. Florida Professionals and Amateurs can qualify for the Championship through local qualifying. Exemptions are available through State Amateur Championships & PGA Section Events.
Fifty-four holes of individual stroke play. The field will be cut to the low sixty and ties after thirty-six holes. The lowest score for 54 holes will be the Champion.
18 holes stroke play at 16 sites.
Transferring Qualifying Sites
Players may submit one entry for the Florida Open and choose the site at which they will attempt to qualify. However, if any site requires adjustment (including , but not limited to, the receipt of more entries than can be accommodated), players will be transferred to another site based on their preference listed on the entry application and date of receipt of entry application (i.e. later applicants will be subject to transfer).
Open to Florida Golf Professionals and Amateurs who are residents of Florida. See Eligibility and Rules page for complete details.
$75,000 (see estimated purse pay-out (Click here) 1st Place - $12,000
|Qualifying Fee||Championship Fee|| Exempt Fee
Players who advance to the Championship through local qualifying must pre-register and remit the appropriate Championship Fee online at www.fsga.org under the "My Account" section, which can be located in the top right hand corner of the web-page. Payment must be received by Monday, July 16 by 12:00 PM or the individual will be withdrawn from the Championship. Championship fee includes competitive round lunches, golf, cart fees and range balls plus a player badge and tee gift.
Exempt Player's Fee
- $300 for Professionals
- $200 for Amateurs
- Exempt Fee includes Championship Fee and Entry Fee for those individuals eligible for exemption.
Rod Perry, of Port Orange, won the Florida Open Championship shooting a 68-69-69--206 at Black Diamond Ranch in Lecanto.
Cart and Caddie Policy
Players have the option of walking or they may rent a cart. Only a player or his caddie may ride in a cart but not both at the same time. (Cart fees at qualifying site not to exceed $25 per player)
Cart fees are included in the Championship Fee for all competitive rounds of the C
hampionship. Players may ride, carry their bag or have a caddie at the Championship, however no refunds will be given for unused cart fees and players choosing to walk must adhere to the established FSGA Pace of Play Policy.
Practice Rounds - Cart fees, if charged, are the responsibility of the player.
All players play eighteen holes each at the Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club and Sara Bay Country Club on Friday, July 20th and Saturday, July 21st. The field will be cut to the low sixty and ties after thirty-six holes. The final eighteen holes will be played at the Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club on Sunday, July 22nd.
If necessary, there will be a three-hole aggregate score play-off for champion. If the play-off results in a tie, play will immediately continue, hole by hole. It is the player’s responsibility to be present for any playoff.
Practice Round and Practice Information - Championship
Practice rounds will be available to the competitors one week in advance of the competition on a space available basis. Practice rounds are restricted to after 12:00 PM on the weekend prior to the Championship. The cost of practice rounds is $25 plus tax. Players will be responsible for direct payment of any fees for the practice rounds.
Starting times for your practice round can be arranged by calling host facilities.
The Ritz-Carlton Members Club telephone number is (941) 309-2900
Sara Bay Country Club telephone number is (941) 355-6544
Players will be allowed to practice after their practice round on Wednesday & Thursday and after each competitive round.
You may not make your practice round tee time before qualifying is completed. Weather permitting, qualifying concludes on Monday, July 9th. A list of players will be faxed to the club following the conclusion of qualifying.
Players in the following categories will be eligible for exemption provided they meet all entry and eligibility requirements.
- Last five year's Florida Open Champions
- Professionals finishing top ten and tied of last year’s Florida Open Championship
- Host Club’s Representative
- Current year’s SFPGA Open Champion
- Last year’s Dixie and SFPGA Professional Champion
- Current year’s Southeast PGA Classic Champion
- Last year’s NFPGA PNC Champion
- Last year’s Dixie, NFPGA and SFPGA Section Champions
- Last year’s Dixie, NFPGA and SFPGA Section Senior (regular division) Champion
- Last year’s Dixie, NFPGA and SFPGA Section Chapter Champions
- Last year’s Dixie, NFPGA and SFPGA Section Assistant Champions
- Last year’s Dixie Section Match Play Champion
- Current year’s NFPGA Section Match Play Champion
- Last year’s Dixie, NFPGA and SFPGA Section Senior (Regular Division) Player of the Year
- Last year’s top five and tied on the final Dixie, NFPGA and SFPGA Section Player of the Year Points List
- Last five year's Florida Open Champions
- Amateurs finishing in the top ten and tied of last year’s Florida Open
- Current Year’s Amateur Champion
- Last two year’s Amateur Champions
- Last year’s top five and tied Amateur Championship finishers
- Last year’s top five and tied on the final FSGA Player of the Year Points List
- Last year’s Junior Amateur Player of the Year
- Last year’s Senior Amateur Player of the Year
- Last year’s Boys Junior Champion (16-18 age division)
- Last year’s Amateur Match Play Champion
- Last year’s Mid-Amateur Champion
There will a registration table set up at the Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club to pick up your tee gift and player information the day before the Championship from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM. This is NOT a mandatory registration. Tee gifts and player information will be available for pick up before the competitive rounds for players not playing a practice round on Wednesday. If we have received your payment for your Championship fees by Monday, July 16 by 12:00 PM you have pre-registered for the Championship.
Championship field will receive Lunch and Range Privileges all 3 days.
Click here here for alternate procedures.
Please click the hotel icon for hotels in the Bradenton area.
- Proper attire for competitors and caddies is required at all times at the golf facility. Failure to comply may result in withdrawal of entry.
- All hats must be worn properly.
- Collared shirts or shirts specifically designed for golf must be worn and tucked in at all times.
- This code supplements any course or club guidelines, which shall take precedence.
Refunds, Notice of Withdrawals
Requests for entry refunds received prior to entry closing date will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee. Requests received after the closing date will be honored (less 50% of entry fee). No requests will be honored within 48 hours of the first scheduled tee time. Requests for refunds or Exempt or Championship fees prior to the pre-registration deadline will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). No requests will be honored after the per-registration deadline.
Publicity and Promotion; Broadcasting
By participating in FSGA Events you grant the FSGA and those acting with the FSGA, permission, authority and the permanent rights to use your name or likeness for publicity and promotional purposes. Participants understand that all Media, including film, photographic prints, audio or digital files are the exclusive property of the FSGA. Participants in FSGA events waive their rights to inspect or approve all media produced by the FSGA and those acting on the FSGA's behalf. Participants waive their permanent rights to compensation for use of their name and likeness by the FSGA.
Method of Payment
The Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club & Sara Bay Country Club accepts cash, Visa/MasterCard and American Express for payment.
Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club
15150 70th Terrace East
Bradenton, FL 34202
Click here for directions
Sara Bay Country Club
7011 Willow Street
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Click here for directions