Senior Amateur Match Play Championship
June 10-14, 2012
Logan Captures First State Championship as DuBois Wins Second Career Match Play Championship.
Howard Logan upset past champion Rick Woulfe to win the 7th Senior Amateur Match Play Championship, as Jim DuBois defeated Ron Cleland to win the Super Senior Division at The Club at Renaissance, in Fort Myers, on June 11-14.
Rollie Walcott, of Naples, and Roger Schmidt, Bonita Springs, provided the shots of the tournament on Sunday's seeding round. Both players made a hole-in-one on the par three 12th hole.
To be eligible, players must have reached 55 years of age by June 14, 2012. All players traveling to The Club at Renaissance were guaranteed an 18-hole seeding round and at least one round of match play. Full Story
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Hot and Humid||89 °F|
Entries Close Wednesday, May 23, 2012
The Club at Renaissance was designed by world famous architect Arthur Hills and stretches over 7,000 yards from the back tees. The course features an intimate environment, numerous lakes and exceptionally conditioned fairways and greens.
Male amateurs must be a member of the FSGA and have reached 55 years of age (Senior) or 65 years of age (Super-Senior) by June 10, 2012.
$185 ($195 - members who do not have an active FSGA/GHIN Handicap).
Seeding and Championship Format
- All players will play an 18-hole, stroke play seeding round to determine flights and seeding within each flight.
- Two flights of 32 each in the Senior division and one flight of 16 in the Super-Senior division.
- There will be a hole by hole play-off to determine the 32nd seed in the Championship flight only; all other ties for seeds will be broken randomly.
- All players will play one match on Monday morning. Matches will continue each morning.
- Only the Senior division flights will play Tuesday afternoon.
- The finals are scheduled for Thursday morning.
Championship Field Size
The golf course will be set-up approximately 6,400 - 6,500 yards (Senior) and 6,100 - 6,200 yards (Super-Senior).
- Senior, Ages 55-64
- Super Senior, Ages 65 and over
- All players will be placed in the age division commensurate with their age as of the first day of the Championship. No player may play in both age divisions.
- (Any Super-Senior wishing to compete in the Senior division must notify the FSGA upon entry.)
Round one tee times will begin at 8:00 AM off the 1st and 10th tees. Play will begin at 8:00 AM each day.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship. Practice rounds may be played after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (239) 561-6335 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
- Senior Division - Lee Booker, of Naples, defeated Walt Himelsbaugh, from Leesburg, in 19 holes at Lake Wales CC
- Super Senior - Michael Shiff, of Parkland, defeated Edward Craig, of Orlando, 5 & 4at Lake Wales CC
Championship Pace of Play
Click here to read the Championship Pace of Play Policy.
Hard Card; Local Rules and Conditions of Competitions
Click here to read the Hard Card and additional Conditions of Competitions.
Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, caddie and spectator and other policies.
Spectators and Caddies
Spectators and caddies are always welcome at FSGA Championships. Only players are allowed to ride in carts. If a player employs a caddie, the caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Click on the hotel icon for hotels in the Fort Myers area.
The Club at Renaissance accepts cash and Visa/Mastercard for method of payment.
12801 Renaissance Way
Fort Myers, FL 33912