Rio Pinar CC (16-18)
April 16-17, 2011
Rio Pinar - Home of the University of Central Florida Men's and Women's Golf Teams
Rio Pinar - Former host of PGA and LPGA tournaments
Rio Pinar Country Club begins its second season as the home golf course of the UCF Men's Golf Program. Rio Pinar, which hosted the UCF/Rio Pinar Invitational last year, will again host the event October 28-29 with some of the top men's golf programs in the south.
Rio Pinar was designed 1957 by Mark Mahanna. The tree-lined golf course showcases large oaks. With 43 bunkers and a winding canal which runs through five holes, Rio Pinar provides 6,978 yards of challenging championship golf.
From 1966-78, Rio Pinar hosted the Citrus Open, an event on the PGA Tour. Golf legends such as Lee Trevino and Hale Irwin are both former winners of the event when it was held here. Floolowing the 1978 event, the course hosted the Ladies Citrus Classic from 1978-81, a LPGA Tour event.
Click here for Rio Pinar's website.
Male or female amateur golfers that are members of the FJT may apply for participation. Entries are subject to rejection at any time, including during the event by the FJT. The reason for rejection may include unbecoming behavior. Please see the Code of Conduct for further details.
- Tournament applications must be submitted on-line at www.floridajuniortour.org. Telephone and fax requests will not be accepted.
- Applicants must be current FJT members.
- Entries must be received by 4:30:00 PM EST of the closing date.
- Players should read the Tournament Policies and Pace of Play policy.
- Players will receive an e-mail that their entry has been received and a second e-mail will be sent if the player is accepted into the field. As a player is not automatically confirmed into the tournament, travel arrangements should not be made until the second confirmation e-mail is received. Review Tournament Policies for further details.
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Players without an FJT exemption are automatically placed in a random draw. The random draw is held after the entry deadline.
- An alternates list will be posted to the
FJT website under the Tee Times & Info folder.
Click here for further details.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN members) or $115 (for non GHIN members) includes tournament rounds of golf, range balls prior to the tournament rounds and a tee prize.
Schedule of Play
Saturday, April 16th: 7:30 AM -1:39 PM off 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, April 17th: 7:30 AM - 1:39 PM off 1st and 10th tees
Players can set up a practice round at a special discounted rate of $30 plus tax by calling 407-277-5520. Times are available one week prior to the event and after 12:00 PM on weekends on a space available basis. One playing guest may play for $45 plus tax.
Walking and Pull Carts
Players must walk and carry their clubs during the competition rounds. Pull carts are permitted. Caddies are not permitted.
Tees To Play
Tees are not set until the tournament staff arrives on site. Tournament set up can change, including yardages, to offset inclement weather or other course conditions (i.e. wet course conditions). Typical yardages are below:
- Boys 16-18 will play approximately 6,900 yards
- Girls 16-18 will play approximately 6,000 yards
This event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and GolfWeek.
AJGA - PBE (Performance Based Entrance)
Champion - 1 Exemption
Top 5 - 1 Performance Star
Champion - 1 Exemption
Top 3 - 1 Performance Star
Registration will be available prior to the first round. ALL players are expected to register. General tournament information will be distributed at registration.
Tee Times & Pairings
First round tee times and pairings will be available on the FJT website, www.floridajuniortour.org. After the completion of the first round all competitors will be repaired by score within their age group for their next round. Final round pairings will be available approximately one hour after the final score has been posted. Pairings will be posted to the FJT website and at the club. It is the players' responsibility to be at his/her respective tee at least 10 minutes prior to teeing off. We recommend that you always see your tee time in black and white and if you still have questions, please contact a FJT Official at the host facility.
Pace of Play
Pace of play will be strictly enforced with anticipated rounds less than 4 hours and 45 minutes. We strongly recommend that all players read and understand the FJT Pace of Play policy.
Spectators will be authorized to rent carts, but must follow the Spectator policies. Spectator carts will cost $20 plus tax per day. Spectator carts may be limited and are available on a first-come, first served basis.