May 4-5, 2019
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Hills Course - Alt. Shot||6,601 yds., 72.4/138|
|Jones Course - Scramble||6,854 yds., 73.7/143|
|Hills Course - Four-Ball||6,821 yds., 73.4/141|
|Sunny morning with afternoon thunderstorms||85 °F|
|Humid and cloudy with strong afternoon winds||84 °F|
The Two-Man Shoot-Out is one of the FSGA's most casual and enjoyable Championships! It is also a unique Championship combining modified alternate shot, two-man scramble and four-ball formats. Each round is considered a separate competition with prizes being awarded for each, as well as an overall winner for the Championship. This championship is certain to fill up quickly so sign up early. For a look at the full Two-Man Shootout past results click here.
- $380 per team GHIN or Foundation Members
- $400 per team Non-GHIN Member
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- 54 Holes of stroke play
- Two-man team, gross stroke play (no handicaps)
- Each round is a different form of play (Modified Alternate Shot / Scramble / Four-Ball)
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 52 teams - 104 players
- Male amateur golfers
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be a member of the FSGA
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,700-6,900 yards.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 4th
- Morning Round - 8:00 AM shotgun on the Hills Course - Modified Alternate Shot (18 holes) where each player hits a tee shot, then the team selects a ball to be played into the hole and alternates playing that ball into the hole
- Lunch - Included
- Afternoon Round - 1:30 PM shotgun on the Jones Course - Two-Man Scramble
Sunday, May 5th
- Final Round - 8:00 AM shotgun on the Hills Course - Four-Ball (Two-Man Best-Ball)
- Play-Off - For overall team Champion only. The format for the play-off is a three hole aggregate with each form of play used for one hole. If necessary play will continue on a hole by hole basis rotating the form of play. It is the team's responsibility to be present for any play-off.
Rounds & Prizes
Each round of the Shoot-Out is treated as a separate competition and gift certificates are awarded for each round. There is an overall prize for the team Champion, but the emphasis and the majority of gift certificates are paid out on the basis of each individual round.
After 36 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is
$30 plus tax.
Please call 386-274-5742 to schedule your practice round.
The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Ron Davis Jr. and Kasey Denesevich captured the 2018 Two-Man Shoot-Out at PGA National Resort. They posted scores of 70, 63, and 66 to win by one stroke. Full results and history
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Current year's Four-Ball Championshp
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in 4000 RCA Boulevard Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
1605 Richard Petty Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
$117 per room, per night, plus tax. Click here to book online, or call to book mentioning FSGA Room Block. Book by 4/3 to guarantee rate.
Cash, Check, Visa, Master Card, and American Express are accepted in the golf shop.
Directions to LPGA International Golf Course
LPGA International Golf Course
1000 Champions Dr.
Daytona Beach, FL 32124