Women's Net Championship
October 28-29, 2017
Women's Net Championship
- West Bay Golf Club
- Yardages & Rating
- Middle Division - 5,231 yds. & 71.7/135
- Forward Division - 4,695 yds. & 68.7/126
- Saturday - Hard rain during the finish of the first round
- Sunday - Morning rain turning to sunny skies and windy conditions
Sallyna Lipae, of West Palm Beach, overcame a two stroke deficit to win the Women's Net Championship by two strokes with a 141 (-3) total. Heading into the final round Regene Ross, of Naples, took the early lead after a five under-par first round of 67. Defending Champion, Kim Byle, posted a round one 68 to follow close behind in second place. Lipae sat in third place with a 68 looking to earn back to back Championship victories after winning the Mixed Shoot-Out Championship two weeks prior. Staying steady at three under-par for the tournament, Lipae posted a second round even par 72 to climb up to first place and earn her second FSGA victory! Two consistent rounds of 71-72 led to a second place finish for Sandie St. Onge, of Stuart, at one under-par 143. Diane Arnet finished in third place with rounds of 70-77--147. Falling to fourth place was Byle who struggled to a round two 81 and 149 finish.
A come back round of three under-par 69 allowed Elizabeth Rees, of Naples, to claim her first FSGA Championship victory! After round one Susan Bean and Pat Tackas were tied for the lead at two-under 70. Joyce Hart lingered not far behind at one-under 71. Rees did not let a round one 76 discourage her from playing hard during round two and climb up the leaderboard to win at 145 (+1). Bean and Tackas fell to seventh and second place respectively. Tackas finished two strokes behind Rees after a round two 77 and 147 (+3) finish. Noreen Maloney carded rounds of 76-72--148 to round out the top three.
Scoring and Results
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Middle Division||5,231 yds. 71.7/135|
|Forward Division||4,695 yds. 68.7/126|
The fourth Women's Net Championship will be making its way back to the ever popular Naples to a new host site, West Bay Golf Club! After Hurricane Irma ripped through Florida's coast, the original date of the Championship was no longer possible but West Bay Golf Club generously stepped in to allow us to conduct the event! For a look at the 2016 Championship Results click here.
- 36 holes of individual net stroke play (100% of handicap will be used)
- 84 total competitors - Playing in foursomes
- Two Divisions - Middle and Forward
- Each Division Champion will be the individual with the lowest 36-hole total net score (regardless of pre-flighting)
- No pairings requests will be honored for this championship.
- Female amateur golfer
- At least 18 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Entrants are not required to be a member of the FSGA
Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 16th
- 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM – Tournament Registration
- 9:00 AM - Shotgun Start
Sunday, September 17th
- 9:00 AM – Final Round Shotgun
- 1:05 PM - 2:00 PM (approx.) – Player's Awards luncheon - Included with entry fee
Host Hotel and Accommodations
The Ritz-Carlton Naples Golf Resort will be the host hotel for this Championship. Click Here to view special rate!
$160 - Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, an awards luncheon after the final round on Sunday, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
Players must select which Division they wish to compete in upon entry.
- Middle Division - 5,200-5,400 yards approx.
- Forward Division - 4,700-4,900 yards approx.
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions:
- Middle Division - 15.0 and Under
- Forward Division - 16.0 and Over
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any player out of the Forward Division if their handicap is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Forward Division.
- All players will play to 100% of their course handicap
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index no higher than 34.0
- The handicap of October 15, 2017 will be used to establish course handicaps
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Middle and Forward Divisions will be pre-flighted based on individual handicaps.
Generally, divisions of more than 14 individuals will be flighted, however the Committee reserves the right to flight based on the number of individuals and/or the range of handicaps.
All Divisions - Ties for first place in each flight of the Middle and Forward Divisions will be broken by a modified USGA tie break method. The final day 18 hole net respective score will be used to determine the first place individual. (If there is still a tie, the final 9 holes of the last day (holes 10-18) will be used to determine the winner. If there is still a tie, the final 6 holes are used; then if needed the final 3 holes; then the final hole; then by coin flip).
Practice rounds are available six days prior to the event on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call (239) 948-3482 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Quail Creek’s Creek Course proved difficult during Sunday’s final round, owning up to its name as difficult water hazards tested all players in the field. In the end, Kimberly Byle, of Dunedin, was able to stay steady and continue her lead to finish first in the Middle Division with a two round total of 68-75-143.
Just like Byle, Janet Strong, of Saint Petersberg, did not give up her lead, capturing first place in the Forward Division by three strokes, posting a final total of 67-74-141. Strong’s three under-par total marked the tournament’s low finish.
West Bay Golf Club does not accept Cash, only Visa/MasterCard, AmEx and Discover are accepted forms of payment
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Directions - West Bay Golf Club
West Bay Golf Club
4600 West Bay Blvd
Estero, FL 33928