U.S. Senior Open Championship
U.S. Senior Open Sectional Qualifying Information
Dunedin Country Club
1. PAIRINGS AND TEE TIMES: The pairings and tee times for the qualifying round at Dunedin Country Club in Dunedin, FL on Monday, June 25, 2012 will be posted at www.fsga.org on or about Wednesday, May 30, 2012.
2. METHOD OF PAYMENT: Dunedin Country Club will accept Cash or Visa/MasterCard for method of payment.
3. TRANSPORTATION: All players MUST WALK during the qualifying round - however, a cart may be rented for your caddie to transport your clubs at a cost of $25.00 plus tax.
4. CADDIES AND SPECTATORS: Spectators are welcome, but they MUST WALK at all times. Only caddies are authorized to ride. You must make your own arrangements if you want a caddie.
5. PRACTICE ROUND INFORMATION: To arrange your practice round, call (727) 733-7836. On a space available basis, practice rounds are available one week prior to the competition; practice rounds are restricted to after 12:00 PM on the weekends. The cost of the practice round is $25.00 plus tax. All contestants playing a practice round must reserve a tee time.
6. NEW GROOVE REGULATIONS: In Sectional Qualifying and in the Championship proper, the player's clubs must conform to the groove specifications in the Rules of Golf that are effective from January 1, 2010. Note: Ping EYE2 clubs manufactured prior to March 31, 1990, may be used during the Sectional Qualifying or the Championship proper. The condition of competition is available for review on the entry application. The USGA and the R&A have created a reference resource called the Informational Club Database to assist golfers in determining whether their irons, hybrids and fairway woods comply with the New Groove Rules. For information about and to access the database, please use the following link: http://www.usga.org/InfoClubsDB/intro.html The USGA strongly suggests that all players verify the conformance of their clubs well in advance of their scheduled qualifying competition. It is the player's responsibility, not the USGA's responsibility to ensure that his clubs conform. Waiting until the day of the competition is the fault of the player. The Committee is under no obligation to test the club. The competitor may play. However, if it is later determined that the club is non-conforming, including after the competition has closed, the player will be disqualified.
7. GPS AND RANGE FINDERS: Not permitted
8. PULL CARTS: Not permitted
9. CONDUCT AND DRESS CODE: Remember, you are a guest at Dunedin Country Club and gentlemanly behavior and proper dress is expected at all times. The proper place to practice your swing is on the driving range; hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
10. PERFORMANCE IN SECTIONAL QUALIFYING: Players are reminded that if they fail to return a score within ten (10) strokes of the USGA Course Rating of Dunedin Country Club, future entries in USGA competitions may be declined. A "No Card" will be treated the same as a score returned not within ten (10) strokes of the Course Rating. Please see entry application.
11. QUALIFYING SPOTS: At this time, the number of qualifying spots has not been determined by the USGA. This information will be posted at the qualifier.