Southwest Amateur Series
"A traveling men's game."
2017 SW Amateur Series Schedule
||Eagle Lakes GC
||San Carlos GC
||Valencia G & CC
||Eagle Creek G & CC
||Gulf Harbour G & CC
||Rookery & Hammock Bay - Cancelled
||Heritage Palms G & CC
||River Hall CC
||Old Corkscrew GC
|January 6-7||Panther Run
|February 3-4||San Carlos GC||ENTER||$150|
- Championship flight - players with handicaps of +3.0 to 3.8
- Senior Championship flight - Ages 50 and over with Indexes of +3.0 to 3.8
- First flight - players with handicaps of 3.9 to 8.9
- Second Flight - players with handicaps of 9.0 to 14.0
Each flight must have a minimum of six players or the flights may be combined. Gross Flights excluded.
- Championship flight - play from 6,800-7,000 yards
- Senior Championship flight - Players 50 and older with a 3.8 handicap index or less and will play from 6400-6600 yards.
- First flight - play from 6,400-6,600 yards. Players 75 years old and up will play from 6200 yards and Section 3-5 will be applied to the Handicaps
- Second flight - play from 6,200-6,400 yards. Players 75 years old and up will play from 5800 - 6000 yards and Section 3-5 will be applied to the Handicaps
- New as of March 2017: Players 50 and older with a 3.8 index or lower will play from 6400-6600 yards in their own flight.
- Individual stroke play within flights
- The Championship flight will play gross stroke play, the other two flights will play a net
- The First flight and the Second flight may be combined and play will be handicapped (a net game) for those players
- Any player up to a 8.9 handicap may play in the Championship Flight
- Starting times are between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. (Some shotgun starts may be used)
Membership & Eligibility
- Male, amateur golfers with an active FSGA/GHIN handicap (14.0 or less)
- 30% of the field is paid, throughout all flights.
- Day 2 total first, then Ties are broken by scorecard playoff. First by comparing the back nines (Holes 10-18 regardless of starting tee), if still tied, then the last 6 holes on the course, then the last three, then the 18th hole and finally by a coin flip. In net competitions 1/2, 1/3 of the handicap will be deducted.
- Payouts within flights - the number of players earning gift certificates and the amounts is based on the number of players competing in each flight
Entries, Tee Times, Results and Details
- All entries and results will be posted through the FSGA website
- Entries received after the closing date will be assessed a $10 late fee
- Tee times and pairings will be posted approximately 3 days before the event
- Practice rounds are available on a space available basis. Please call the host club to arrange a tee time
Conditions of Competitions (Local Rules)The current FSGA Local Rules and Conditions of Competitions are in effect
- One-Ball Rule is not in effect
- Distance Measuring Devices may be used
- USGA Rules Apply
Pace of Play
The first group(s) to start will be considered out of position if, at any time during the round, the match/group is behind their allotted time.
Any following group will be considered out of position if it (a) is taking more than the allotted time to play and (b) finishes any hole more than fifteen minutes behind the group ahead.
First breach - one penalty stroke
Second breach - two penalty strokes
Third breach - Disqualification
Requests for refunds received prior to the entry closing date will be honored (less $20 per entry administration fee). Requests received after the closing date will be honored (less 50% of the entry fee). No requests will be honored within two days of the scheduled start date of the event.
When weather causes a round or tournament to be shortened, the FSGA will do what is fair to determine who wins prizes. Entry fees will generally not be refunded, but if only a few holes are played, we will work with the club to get the players a rain check or another option.