U.S. Four-Ball Volunteer Opportunity
4th U.S. Amateur Four-Ball Championship
Jupiter Hills Club | May 17th - 23rd, 2018
We are getting closer to the 2018 U.S. Amateur Four-Ball Championship where 256 of the best amateur golfers from across the country will compete at the famed Jupiter Hills Club in Tequesta, FL. Jupiter Hills is inviting volunteers to join them to support this USGA national championship as a volunteer.
Time Commitment - All volunteers are asked to volunteer a minimum of two (2) shifts with each lasting between four (4) to six (6) hours.
Uniforms and Golf Opportunity - Volunteers will be required to purchase a Volunteer Apparel Package for $75.00 to include a (1) Golf Shirt, (1) Outerwear Piece, and (1) Hat. In addition, you will receive a meal voucher for each assigned shift. If you choose to volunteer for three or more shifts, you will be offered an opportunity to play a round of golf at the Jupiter Hills Club during one of two Volunteer Appreciation Days during the summer.
*MOST NEEDED* - Forecaddies and Walking Scorers - Most needed are walking scorers and forecaddies. Enjoy your time walking the course with a group or by staying in one area of the course assisting players as they pass. Either way, you will enjoy a wonderful day on the golf course watching some of the world's finest amateur test their games on one of the finest championship courses in the world.
There are a wide variety of volunteer opportunities available, all of which are outlined below under “Committee & Volunteer Descriptions”.
Registration Process - To register, please click on the link below. You will need to supply your uniform sizes and other pertinent information. In addition, each Committee Chair will communicate with you and your fellow volunteers through this portal. This link will ask for your preferred volunteer assignments along with your day and shift availability.
Register Here Now! - U.S. Amateur Four-Ball Championship Registration. Once you are on the site, please click on the Volunteer Tab to enter your information and preferences.
Registration Deadline April 15th - Don't wait, and please respond by April 15th
Thank you in advance for your support of another major golf event in our area. We are known as the Golf Capitol of the World because of you.
US Four-Ball Website
U.S. Amateur Four-Ball Championship Committee & Volunteer Descriptions
- Evacuation (Thursday - Wednesday): Responsible for evacuating players and designated officials off the course by driving vehicles to a predetermined area when play is suspended. Must be over 25 years of age and have a valid state driver’s license.
- Practice Facilities (Wednesday - Wednesday): Volunteers will be responsible for assisting the staff with the management of the practice areas. Specific duties may include access control in the practice areas, distribution of practice balls, and placement of name placards behind each player.
- Course Shuttles (Wednesday - Wednesday): Volunteers will provide transportation to the practice facilities (practice tees and short game areas). Volunteers will also provide transportation to the groups back to the clubhouse as matches are completed.
- Scoreboards (Saturday - Tuesday): Volunteers will keep the spectators up-to-date with the progress of scores and matches. Volunteers should have knowledge of scoreboard procedures and be physically able to handle the work (bending/reaching).
- Walking Forecaddie (Saturday - Wednesday): Each group during stroke play as well as each Match will have two forecaddies. Volunteers must be able to walk 18 holes and help spot and locate golf balls.
- Walking Scorers (Saturday - Wednesday): Volunteer scorers will walk with an assigned group for 18 holes. Scoring will be done on handheld tablets. Prior experience preferred, but is not required. Volunteers must be comfortable with technology and be able to walk 18 holes.
- Standard Bearers (Monday - Wednesday): Each match will have a Standard Bearer walking with along with the group. This person will update the status of the match at the completion of each hole. Youths age 14 and older may apply.
- Supply/Ecology (Saturday - Wednesday): Volunteers will be responsible for ensuring there is adequate water and snacks on the course as well as maintaining the cleanliness of these comfort stations. May be required to lift heavy objects.
- Volunteer Services (Wednesday - Wednesday): Volunteers are responsible for greeting other volunteers as they arrive, answering any specific questions they have and overseeing their hospitality area.
- Medical (Wednesday - Wednesday): Your professional services are needed if you are a licensed physician, physician’s assistant or registered nurse.
- Parking (Thursday - Wednesday): Volunteers are responsible forcoordinating and directing parking for spectators and all other volunteers.
For additional information, please see the US Four-Ball website or email Jupiter Hills PGA Director of Golf Kevin Muldoon at firstname.lastname@example.org