FJT at East Lake Woodlands CC - South (13-15)
February 2-3, 2019
OLDSMAR, Fla. – After a three-hour fog delay prior to Sunday’s final round, Shawn Lalmoni and Mi Li came out on top at East Lake Woodlands Country Club. This was the first Florida Junior Tour win for Lalmoni and the second-straight FJT win for Li.
Boys 13-15 Division
Lalmoni, of Orlando, Fla., captured the win with a 1-under 143, the only under-par round of the weekend. He began the day in a tie for first with Yuze Zhang, after finishing the first round at 1-over (73).
The 2022 graduate played a bogey-free front nine to begin the final round, with back-to-back birdies on the second and third holes. After two-straight bogeys on the back nine, Lalmoni carded birdies on the par-3 14th and 17th holes.
Lalmoni pared the final hole to secure his first FJT win. He posted a 2-under 70 in Sunday’s final round to secure the win, the only under par round of the weekend. Prior to this win, his best finish came at Mission Inn Resort, where he tied for third.
Zhang finished in second place at 1-over 145, while Campbell Kennedy took third place at 2-over 146.
Girls 13-15 Division
Li, of Orlando, Fla., won the Girls’ Division with a 5-over 149. Heading into the final round, Li was in a four-way tie for fourth, after a first round 6-over 78 and an eagle on the second hole. The 2025 graduate was five stroke behind the leader, Kelly Shanahan, heading into the final round.
Starting on the 10th hole, Li posted a bogey-free first nine, with birdies on the 13th and 17th holes. She played her first nine at 2-under, while recording a 1-over on her second nine. She posted a final-round 1-under 71, the only under-par round on the weekend.
This was Li’s second-straight FJT 13-15 win, after taking first place at Mark Bostick Golf Course two weeks ago.
Shanahan finished runner-up at 7-over 151, while Jordan Fischer and Sabree Lefebvre at 9-over 153.
Florida Junior Tour (Boys & Girls 13-15)
- East Lake Woodlands Country Club – Oldsmar, Fla.
- Yardage & Rating
- Boys 13-15: 6,565 yds., 72.1/133
- Boys 13-15: 5,725 yds., 73.6/129
- Scattered showers
- Three-hour fog delay
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,565 yds., 72.1/133|
|Girls 13-15||5,725 yds., 73.6/129|
|Sunny w/ a light breeze||78 °F|
|Three hour fog delay||75 °F|
13-15 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 13-15 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,700 yards (gross only)
- Girls 13-15 Age Division - 5,700 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, February 2nd
10:30 AM - 1:00 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
11:00 AM - 12:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, February 3rd
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (727) 784-7270 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 2 performance stars
- Top 5 receive 1 performance star
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Top 3 receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
The FSGA does not have a host hotel arranged at this time.
East Lake Woodlands Country Club
1055 East Lake Woodlands Parkway
Oldsmar, FL 34677