Women's Senior Amateur Championship
April 6-7, 2020
Entries Close: Wednesday, March 25th at 11:30 PM
Format: 36 holes of individual stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member at least 50 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 34.0 or less
Entry Fee: $190
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- Maximum Field Size - 84 players
- Four Divisions - Senior Championship, Senior Field, Super-Senior Championship, Super-Senior Field
- The overall Champions will be the individuals from the Senior and Super-Senior Championship Divisions with the lowest 36-hole total score
- Female amateur golfers
- At least 50 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- At least 65 years of age as of the first day of the Championship to select to play in the Super-Senior Division at time of entry
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0 at time of entry
- Entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, awards luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Schedule of Events
Monday, April 6th
- 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM - Player registration
- 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round one tee times off #1 and #10 tees
Tuesday, April 7th
- 8:30 AM - Final round shotgun
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM (approx.) - Awards luncheon
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full, or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions & Course Set-Up
There will be both a Championship (gross) and Field (gross & net) Division in each age bracket. Players must select which Division and Field they wish to compete in upon entry. No player may play in both age brackets or Divisions within age brackets. A player may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Senior Championship Division - 5,600-5,800 yards (Gross Only)
- Senior Field Division - 5,300-5,500 yards (Gross & Net)
- Super-Senior Championship Division - 5,300-5,500 yards (Gross Only)
- Super-Senior Field Division - 4,700-4,900 yards (Gross & Net)
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions.
- Senior Championship Division - 12.0 & Under
- Senior Field Division - 13.0 & Over
- Super-Senior Championship Division - 12.0 & Under
- Super-Senior Field Division - 13.0 & Over
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any player out of the Senior Field or Super-Senior Field Division if their handicap is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from either of those yardages.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from 7 days prior to the championship start date
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Players in the Field Divisions will play to 95% of their course handicap
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Championship Divisions is gross only and will not be flighted.
The Field Divisions will be pre-flighted based on individual handicaps.
Generally, divisions of more than 14 individuals will be pre-flighted, however the Committee reserves the right to flight based on the number of individuals and/or the range of combined individual handicaps or scores.
Championship Division – The overall Senior and Super-Senior Champions will be the individuals from their respective Championship Division with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death playoff on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champions.
Other Divisions – All ties in each flight of the Field Divisions will be broken by the USGA scorecard match. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot.
Field Divisions will pay gross first, then net.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship, and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. Players may play a practice round at the rate of $40.00 + tax and includes a cart and range balls prior to the round. You can only book a practice round TWO WEEKS PRIOR to the event. Please call 407-351-2521 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Defending Senior Champion
Lisa Schlesinger captured the Women’s Senior Amateur title at Bradenton Country Club. She carded a 5-over 147 for the Championship to win with a 6-shot lead over the rest of the field.This victory marked Schlesinger’s second Senior Amateur win, after she won the championship in 2015 at Vero Beach Country Club.Heading into the final round, the Fort Myers native was three shots off the lead in third place. She played the front nine at 1-under with three birdies, while finishing the Championship with a 2-over on the back nine. Schlesinger secured the win with a final-round 1-over 72, the low round of the day. Click here for previous year's results.
Defending Super-Senior Champion
Janice Wilson won the Super-Senior Championship, posting a 19-over 161 for the Championship. Wilson was in a tie for second place heading into the final round, two strokes behind the leader. The Flagler Beach native secured the Championship with an 8-over 79 on Wednesday.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Click here for host hotel information.
Orange Tree Golf Club accepts Cash, Visa/MasterCard and American Express for payment.
Orange Tree Golf Club
7540 Woodgreen Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
Click here for directions.