Women's Net Championship
September 10-11, 2022
SAINT AUGUSTINE, Fla. - Xiaolin Jones and Joanne Kolius win the Middle and Forward divisions respectively at the Women’s Net Championship at the Slammer & Squire Golf Club at World Golf Village.
Xiaolin Jones captured the overall victory of the Middle Division as well as the Middle First Flight victory on Sunday with a 36-hole net total of (-3) shooting rounds of 71-70. Jones carded six net birdies and two gross birdies over 36 holes securing the win by four strokes over Christine Martin. Martin finished second overall with a 36-hole total of (+1). She carded rounds of 75-70 with four net birdies, two net eagles, and two gross birdies over 36 holes.
Joanne Kolius secured her first FSGA win of the Forward Division and the Forward First Flight with a 36-hole net total of (-4) shooting rounds of 68-72. Kolius carded seven net birdies, three net eagles, and one gross birdie over the two rounds. Sonia Frederick finished in second place, two shots behind Kolius. Frederick carded 12 net birdies, one net eagle, and one gross birdie over 36 holes.
Although Christine Martin finished second in her division, she secured the win of the Middle Flight over Nicola de Stwolinska. Martin and de Stwolinska tied with a net total of (+1) over 36-holes, but using the USGA method of tie-breaking, Martin won by one shot after shooting a net 35 on her final nine holes.
Jennie Taylor won the Forward Flight by three strokes over Carol Klay. Taylor carded a 36-hole net total of (+8) with rounds of 79-73. Taylor’s final round of 73 helped her to overcome a three shot deficit after the first round. Highlights from her weekend included six net birdies and one net eagle over the two rounds.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Middle||5,302 yds. 69.3/119|
|Forward||4,904 yds. 67.7/117|
|Calm/Partly Cloudy||90 °F|
Format: 36 holes of net individual stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member at least 18 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 34.0 or less
Entry Fee: $175
- 36 holes of net individual stroke play
- Maximum Field Size - 96 players
- Maximum Score of 10 per hole is in effect
- Two divisions - Middle and Forward
- The overall Champions will be the individuals with the lowest 36-hole total net score (regardless of pre-flighting)
- No pairings requests will be honored for this Championship
- Female amateur golfer
- At least 18 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, awards luncheon following the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Saturday, September 10th
- 7:00 - 9:00 AM - Tournament registration
- 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM Round one tee times off #1 and #10
Sunday, September 11th
- 8:00 AM - Final round shotgun
- Awards luncheon immediately following play
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions & Course Set-Up
Players must select their division at the time of entry. A player may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Middle Division - 5,200-5,400 yards approx.
- Forward Division - 4,700-4,900 yards approx.
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions:
- Middle Division - 15.0 and Under
- Forward Division - 15.1 and Over
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any player out of the Forward Division if their handicap is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Forward Division.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from 7 days prior to the championship start date
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index no higher than 34.0
- All players will play to 95% of their course handicap
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Middle and Forward Divisions will be pre-flighted based on individual handicaps. The overall Champions will be the individuals with the lowest 36-hole total net score (regardless of pre-flighting).
Generally, divisions of more than 14 individuals will be flighted, however the Committee reserves the right to flight based on the number of individuals and/or the range of handicaps.
All Divisions - Ties for first place in each flight of the Middle and Forward Divisions will be broken by a modified USGA tie break method. The final day 18 hole net respective score will be used to determine the first place individual. (If there is still a tie, the final 9 holes of the last day (holes 10-18) will be used to determine the winner. If there is still a tie, the final 6 holes are used; then if needed the final 3 holes; then the final hole; then by coin flip).
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $40.00 + tax and includes a cart and range balls prior to the round. Please call 904-940-6088 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Nancy Bradley won in a scorecard playoff after a tie for the lead in the Middle Division while Sonia Frederick captured the Forward Division at Spring Run Golf Club. Middle Division The final round was nearly identical to the finish of the 2020 Women’s Net Championship. Nancy Bradley, of Naples, and Melanie Clegg, of Merritt Island, finished tied for the lead for the second back-to-back year. A scorecard playoff, starting with the final 18-hole net score, crowned Bradley champion. This marks Bradley’s first FSGA Championship victory after finishing second in 2020.
Orlando resident, Sonia Frederick, played a strong final nine holes in round two to climb to the top. Frederick finished two strokes better in round two, posting a four under-par 68, to capture her victory with a 138 (-6) total.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player MUST ride, with the player’s clubs must remaining on the golf cart. Click here
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accomodations
Holiday Inn St. Augustine - World Golf
475 Commerce Lake Drive
Saint Augustine, FL 32095
Click here for booking link
World Golf Village does not accept Cash, only Visa/MasterCard are accepted forms of payment
Slammer & Squire - World Golf Village
2 World Golf Place
St. Augustine, FL 32092
Click here for directions.