October 6-7, 2018
The Mixed Shoot-Out is heading to the challenging and iconic World Golf Village's Slammer & Squire course! The course features two distinct nines with generous fairways, contoured greens, and plenty of water hazards along with impressive views of the World Golf Hall of Fame. The Mixed Shoot-Out doesn't only "mix-up" the teams with one man and one woman, but it includes three different forms of play in its 36 holes of golf. Gift certificates will be awarded to the best gross and net scores for each format of play, as well as the overall total for the championship!
- 9 holes of scramble format and,
- 9 holes of modified alternate shot (Chapman format)
- Sunday: 18 holes of four-ball stroke play (best-ball of two)
- All teams will compete for gross and net prizes in each flight
- Two Divisions - Forward and middle tees - see below for yardages and details
- The overall champion will be the team from the Middle Division with the lowest gross total for the competition
Championship Field Size
Maximum of 48 teams - 96 players
- Male and female amateur golfer
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- At least one entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
- Teams must consist of one male and one female
$320 per team - Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, an awards luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, October 6th
- 7:30 - 9:30 AM - Tournament Registration
- 8:00 - 9:50 AM - Round One tee times off #1 & #10
Sunday, October 7th
- 8:30 AM - Final round shotgun
- Player's Awards Luncheon - Included with entry fee
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
Players must select which Division they wish to compete in upon entry. There is NO yardage mix allowed between divisions.
- Middle Division: Men - 6,300 yards/Women - 5,500 yards- (Gross & Net)
- Forward Division: Men - 5,800 yards/Women - 4,900 yards (Gross & Net)
- Teams will be pre-flighted by using 60% of the lowest partner's course handicap combined with 40% of the higher partner's course handicap.
- The number of flights will be based on the number of teams in each division and/or the spread of handicaps.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from the September 15, 2018 revision.
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0.
- The tournament will use the USGA's recommendation of:
Saturday (Scramble Format)
- The player with the lower Course Handicap is allowed 35% of their Course Handicap
- The player with the higher Course Handicap is allowed 15% of their Course Handicap
Saturday (Modified Alternate Shot/Chapman)
- Chapman Format:
- Both golfers hit their tee shot
- Each player then plays their partner's ball
- The team then decides which ball they wish to play, and then plays that ball on an alternate basis into the hole
- The player with the lower Course Handicap is allowed 60% of their Course Handicap
- The player with the higher Course Handicap is allowed 40% of their Course Handicap
Sunday (Four-Ball Stroke Play)
- Best-Ball of two
- Men receive 90% of their Course Handicap
- Women receive 95% of their Course Handicap
- If there is a difference of more than eight (8) strokes between the two members of a team, an additional 10% reduction will be applied to the Course Handicap of each member of the side.
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than their current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score from the Middle Division. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death play-off on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champion. All other ties in each flight will be broken by the modified USGA score card match. The final day 18 hole respective score will be used to determine the first place individual. (If there is still a tie, the final 9 holes of the last day (holes 10-18) will be used to determine the winner. If there is still a tie, the final 6 holes are used; then if needed the final 3 holes; then the final hole; then by coin flip).
Each flight will pay gross first, then net.
Practice rounds may be played one week prior to the Championship and after 12:00 PM on the weekend prior on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35+ tax per player. Please call 904-940-6088 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95
305 Outlet Mall Blvd
Saint Augustine, FL 32084
$119 +tax per night
Call and identify yourself as a Florida State Golf Association player by September 20th.
WGV - Renaissance St. Augustine Resort
500 South Legacy Trail
St. Augustine, FL 32902
$139 +tax per night
Click here to book online
World Golf Village accepts all major forms of payment.
Directions - World Golf Village
Slammer & Squire
2 World Golf Place
St. Augustine, FL 32092