Women's Senior Four-Ball Championship
March 12-13, 2022
OCALA, Fla. – Diane Lang and Therese Quinn captured the Women’s Senior Four-Ball Championship on Sunday at the Country Club of Ocala. Lang and Quinn used rounds of 72-73 to take home the win with a 1-over 145 for the championship.
This win marks the 12th FSGA victory and second Four-Ball title for Lang, a past FSGA Player of the Year, while Quinn picks up her fourth FSGA victory.
Lang and Quinn began the championship with an even-par 72 in Saturday’s first round, battling rain and windy conditions. The pair finished the day with three birdies and in a tie at the top of the leaderboard with two other teams.
The duo began the final round with a 1-over front side, with a birdie from Quinn on the seventh. Lang and Quinn added another birdie on the 15th to move to 1-over for the championship. Quinn birdied the final hole of the championship to secure a two-shot victory for the pair at 1-over 145.
Lin Culver and Gigi Higgins took a runner-up finish at 3-over 147, after rounds of 72-75 for the championship. Two teams finished the championship in an tie for third at 6-over 150: Susan Cohn and Sherry Herman – Felicia Hutnick and Kim Keyer-Scott.
After finishing runner-up last year, Patricia Hughes-Gelardi and Ruth Averback took home the win in the Super-Senior Division, finishing the weekend at 4-over 148. Hughes-Gelardi and Averback took the first-round lead on Saturday with a 3-over 75.
The duo posted a 1-over 73 on Sunday to earn the five-shot victory. Meg Giusti and Darlene Tranquilli took home the runner-up finish at 9-over 153, while Christine Hunt and Janice Wilson finished third at 16-over 160.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Senior Championship||5,641 yds. 73.6/134|
|Senior Field||5,260 yds. 71.5/130|
|Super-Senior Championship||5,260 yds. 71.5/130|
|Super-Senior Field||4,885 yds. 69.3/125|
|Overcast in the morning and sunny afternoon||63 °F|
|Sunny with a slight breeze||41 °F|
Format: 36 holes of Four-Ball stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member, both entrants must be at least 50 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 34.0 or less
Entry Fee: $340 per team
- 36 holes of Four-Ball stroke play, (commonly known as a two-person, Best-Ball)
- Maximum Field Size - 48 teams (96 players)
- Four divisions - Senior Championship, Senior Field, Super-Senior Championship and Super-Senior Field
- The overall Champions will be the team from the Senior Championship and Super-Senior Championship Division with the lowest 36-hole total score
- Female amateur golfers
- Senior Division - Both entrants must be at least 50 years of age as of the first day of the Championship.
- Super-Senior Division - Both entrants must be at least 65 years of age as of the first day of the Championship to select to play in the Super-Senior Division at time of entry.
- The team MUST select to the play in the Division of the youngest player. A player under the age of 65 cannot play in the Super-Senior Division.
- If both entrants are over the age of 65, they may select to play in the Senior Division if they wish.
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0 at time of entry
- Both entrants are required to be members of the FSGA
- $340 per team
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, lunch after both Saturday and Sunday's rounds, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late fee should the team gain acceptance into the field.
Saturday, March 12th
- 7:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Player registration
- 8:00 - 10:00 AM - Round one tee times off #1 & #10
- Player luncheon 12:30 - 2:00 PM
Sunday, March 13th
- 8:30 AM - Final round shotgun
- Player luncheon buffet following play
- Awards presentation immediately following play
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full, or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Partner changes will be accommodated following these guidelines:
- One player on the original entry must remain on the side.
- Partner changes will NOT be permitted after divisions and flights have been posted if the new player would move the side to another flight or division.
(Example - First Flight handicap range 10-15, the new partner must have a handicap within the 10-15 handicap range).
Divisions & Course Set-Up
Teams must select their division at the time of entry. There will be both a Championship (gross) and Field (gross & net) Division in each age bracket. Teams must select which Division and Field they wish to compete in upon entry. No team may play in both age brackets or Divisions within age brackets. A team may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Senior Championship Division - 5,600-5,800 yards (Gross Only)
- Senior Field Division - 5,200- 5,400 yards (Gross & Net)
- Super-Senior Championship Division - 5,200-5,400 yards (Gross Only)
- Super-Senior Field Division - 4,700-4,900 yards (Gross & Net)
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions (recommended based on combined team handicaps).
- Senior Championship Division - 24.0 & Under
- Senior Field Division - 25.0 & Over
- Super-Senior Championship Division - 24.0 & Under
- Super-Senior Field Division - 25.0 & Over
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any team out of the Field Division if their team handicap (or an individual partner's handicap) is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Field Division yardage.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from 7 days prior to the championship start date
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Players in the Field Divisions will play to 85% of their course handicap
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Championship Divisions are gross only and will not be flighted.
The Field Divisions will be pre-flighted based on combined team handicaps.
Generally, divisions of more than 12 teams will be pre-flighted. Flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of combined team handicaps.
Championship Divisions – The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death playoff on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champions.
Field Divisions – All ties in each flight of the Field Divisions will be broken by the USGA scorecard match. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot.
Middle and Forward Divisions will pay gross first, then net.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend before. The price for a practice round is $40.00 + tax and includes cart and range balls prior to the round. Please call 352-237-6644 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player MUST ride, with the player’s clubs remaining on the golf cart. Click here.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Click here to view the host hotel.
Country Club of Ocala accepts cash, Visa / MasterCard / American Express as forms of payment.
Country Club of Ocala
6823 SE 12th Circle
Ocala, FL 34480
Click here for directions.