Old Corkscrew GC (16-18)
April 28-29, 2012
Celano & Feng Prevail at Old Corkscrew
Ryan Celano and Yueer Feng grabbed first place honors at the Florida Junior Tour’s (FJT) 16-18 age division event at Old Corkscrew Golf Club in Estero, April 28-29.
Ryan Celano, of Naples, fired a tournament total of three-over par 147 to prevail in a playoff. After posting rounds of 68-79, Celano found himself tied with Danny Walker, Bradenton. Walker carded a first round of 78, and followed up with an impressive final round of three-under par 69. The players would head for a sudden death playoff where Celano went on to make birdie on the first playoff hole for the victory. Ryan Stovash, of Orlando, and Ramsey Touchberry, of Bradenton, finished tied for third place with a tournament total of four-over par 148.
In the Girls 16-18 Division, Yueer Feng, of Orlando, went wire-to-wire for her 25th career FJT title. Feng fired a first round of three over par 75 to take a seven stroke lead into the final round. Feng continued her solid play in the final round posting a four-over par 76, for a tournament total of 151, which was good enough for an eight stroke victory. Stephanie Carlozzi, of Naples, finished alone in second place with a tournament total of 159. Sabrina Rumbaugh, of Orange Park, finished in third place with tournament total of 170.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,733 Yds. 73.5 / 145|
|Girls 16-18||5,933 Yds. 74.3 / 133|
|15-20 mph winds||86 °F|
|10-15 mph winds||76 °F|
Jack Nicklaus’ dedication and ingenuity has enhanced hundreds of spectacular courses worldwide. In Lee County, Southwest Florida, however, only Old Corkscrew Golf Club is highlighted by that spectacular designation – Jack Nicklaus Signature. Nicklaus Design, based in North Palm Beach, Florida, is working hand-in-hand with OCGC management to enhance the natural environment and create a course that is both challenging and enjoyable for players of all levels.
The Jack Nicklaus-designed par-72 championship layout meets the highest design criteria. Since OCGC is not part of a real estate development, this course is a “core” or “stand-alone” extraordinary golf experience. The course design has been developed to mesh precisely with the Corkscrew site’s outstanding natural assets – mature oak, pine and cypress trees and a natural flow way through the center of the property... adding up to one spectacular golf course.
Click here to visit the club's website.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the players' parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be submitted with the entry.
Schedule of Play
- Saturday, April 28th: 12:00 PM - 1:57 PM off the 1st and 10th tees
- Sunday, April 29th: 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM off the 1st and 10th tees
Players can set-up a practice round at a special discounted rate of $30 plus tax which includes a cart by calling 239-949-4700. Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament and after 12:00 PM the weekend before. Times are available on a space available basis.
During practice rounds, players are not allowed to play multiple shots off tees or into greens. The playing of multiple shots or slow play may result in the player's removal from the course without a refund.
Walking and Pull/Push Carts
Players must walk and carry their clubs during the competition rounds (pull/push carts are permitted). Caddies are not permitted.
Tees To Play
Tees are not selected until the tournament staff arrives on site. Tournament set-up may change, including yardages, to offset inclement weather or other course conditions (i.e. wet course conditions). Typical yardages are below:
- Boys 16-18 will play approximately 6,900 yards
- Girls 16-18 will play approximately 6,000 yards
This event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and GolfWeek.
AJGA - PBE (Performance Based Entrance)
- Champion - 4 Performance Stars
- Top 5 - 1 Performance Star
- Champion - 4 Performance Stars
- Top 5 - 1 Performance Star
Spectators will be authorized to rent carts, but must follow the Spectator policies. Spectator carts will cost $20 a day, plus tax. Spectator carts may be limited, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Male or female amateur golfers that are members of the FJT may apply for entry. Entries are subject to rejection at any time, including during the event. The reason for rejection may include unbecoming behavior. Please see the Code of Conduct for further details.
- Tournament applications must be submitted through the website with valid payment. Telephone and fax requests will not be accepted.
- Applicants must have a current FSGA/FJT membership.
- Entries must be received by 4:30:00 PM EST of the closing date.
- Players should read the Tournament Policies and Pace of Play policy.
- Players will receive an e-mail that their entry has been received and a second e-mail will be sent if the player is accepted into the field. As a player is not automatically confirmed into the tournament, travel arrangements should not be made until the second confirmation e-mail is received. Review Tournament Policies for further details.
Field Determination Summary
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated, random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
Click here for further details.
Registration will be available prior to the first round. ALL players are expected to register. General tournament information will be distributed at registration.
Tee Times & Pairings
First round tee times and pairings will be available on the website. After the completion of the first round, all competitors will be repaired by score, within their age group, for their next round. Final round pairings will be available approximately one-hour after the final score has been posted. Pairings will be available on the website, at the club, and will be sent via text message. It is the player's responsibility to be at his/her respective starting tee at least 10 minutes prior to teeing off. We recommend that you always see your tee time in black and white (in print), and if you still have questions, please contact an FSGA Official at the host facility.
Range Finders - Electronic distance measuring devices are NOT allowed.
Music - Phones and other devices that play music should not be used at the tournament site. Listening to music during a competitive round will generally result in disqualification under the Rules of Golf. This is true for all types of competitions - not just FJT.
Pace of Play
The FJT uses a checkpoint pace of play policy that provides no verbal warnings throughout the round. Each group is responsible for playing under the allotted time or finishing each checkpoint hole within 15 minutes of the group ahead of them.
Pace of play will be strictly enforced with anticipated rounds to be less than 4 hours and 45 minutes. We strongly recommend that all players and parents read and understand the Pace of Play Policy.