FJT at Fairwinds GC (Boys 13-15)
May 12-13, 2018
Florida Junior Tour (Boys 13-15)
- Fairwinds Golf Course
- Yardage and Rating
-Boys - 6,593 yds. 71.3/122
- Round One: Mild humidity with partly cloudy skies and a light breeze.
- Round Two: On and off rain showers all day, high humidity, light wind.
FORT PIERCE - Despite Sundays consistent showers and humidity, Brendan Valdes was unphased. Valdes broke the Florida Junior Tour 18-hole scoring record (61), broke Fairwinds Golf Course course record, and tied the Florida Junior Tour 36-hole record with rounds of 69-61--130. Outstanding.
Boys 13-15 Division
The leaderboard was packed after Round One. Justin Ross and Brendan Valdes sat tied for first after opening rounds of three under-par, 69. Not far behind was Sebastian Nachilly, Andrew Clark, and Frankie Harris all tied for third just one stroke off the lead. Sunday's weather presented the players with favorable playing conditions, which laid the groundwork for a fireworks display of scores. With solid scores of 70 and 69 respectively, Justin Ross and Andrew Clark claimed their shares of 2nd place. However, those great scores were still not enough to keep up with the eventual Champion, Brendan Valdes. Valdes was unconscious with just about every club in his bag on Sunday, leading to an incredible round of 61 (-11). Valdes rolled in 12 birdies on Sunday's final round after 8 birdies on his first 10 holes alone! A Sunday to remember, no doubt!
This performance will not only rewrite our Junior Record Books, but could also stand as the bar to beat for quite sometime.
Scoring & Results
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,593 yds. 71.3/122|
|Humid/ Light Breeze||80 °F|
|Rain Showers||76 °F|
Boys 13-15 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Fairwinds Golf Course, located in Fort Pierce is set to host the Florida Junior Tour in April. The layout runs through some of St. Lucie counties natural habitat so it is not uncommon to see some of the native wildlife of the area. Designed by Jim Fazio, Fairwinds is host to the annual St. Lucie Amateur Championship.
Click here to view the club's website.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- Boys 13-15 age division (age calculate by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,700 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 12th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 AM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, May 13th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 772-462-4653 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 2 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectators carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart. Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Fairwinds Golf Course
4400 Fairwinds Drive
Fort Pierce, FL 34946
Click for Map