FJT at Sugar Mill CC (13-15)
August 24-25, 2019
NEW SMYRNA, Fla. - Two first time champions, Bryce Werblo and Amelia Novoa, hoisted trophies at Sugar Mill Country Club on Sunday.
Bryce Werblo, of Orange City, overcame a three stroke deficit and play-off to win his first FJT event. Round one was led by Danny Erickson, of Ponte Vedra Beach, after highlighting the leaderboard with a red number, three under-par 69. Garrett Ebbert, of Longwood, and Bryce Werblo would start round two tied for second place, three strokes back at even par.
Round two finished with Werblo and John Marshall, of Miami, tied for first place. Marshall posted two consistent rounds of 73, with three birdies in round one and four birdies in round two, to tie Werblo at two over-par 146. Werblo, semifinalist in this year’s Junior Match Play, carded a round two 74 to climb to the top of the leaderboard.
The two entered a play-off that ended with a birdie from Werblo in one hole. This is Werblo’s first year playing on the FJT and first victory. Round two excitement came from Andres Atrio and his hole-in-one on the par three 13th hole. Lucas Slayden, of Ponte Vedra Beach, finished in third place at three over-par 147.
Amelia Novoa, of Coconut Creek, earned her first FJT victory in wire-to-wire fashion. Novoa took the early lead by one stroke, with two birdies and 16 pars, in round one. Tori Mouton followed close behind after carding six birdies for a round one 71. Despite two birdies in Mouton’s final round, the Saint Johns’ resident remained in second place at four over-par 148. A first place win was secured by a second round 74 and even par 144 finish from Novoa. Consistent rounds of 75 led to a third place finish for Bridget Ma, of Windermere.
1. Bryce Werblo +2 (146)
2. John Marshall +2 (146)
3. Lucas Slayden +3 (147)
T4. Asher Joseph +4 (148)
T4. Tomy Jaunet +4 (148)
T4. Andres Artrio +4 (148)
T4. Andrew McLauchlan +4 (148)
1. Amelia Novoa E (144)
2. Tori Mouton +4 (148)
3. Bridget Ma +6 (150)
T4. Brianna Castaldi +7 (151)
T4. Kavya Ajjarapu +7 (151)
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,607 yds., 72.0/131|
|Girls 13-15||5,538 yds., 72.4/125|
|Light Breeze||90 °F|
13-15 Age Division (age calculated on the last day of the tournament)
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
Click here to view the club's website.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculate by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,700 yards (gross only)
- Girls 13-15 Age Division - 5,700 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, August 24th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, August 25th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $25.00 + tax. Please call (386) 426-5210 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart).
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 2 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Champion receives 2 performance stars
- Top three receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectators carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart. Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & AccommodationsHampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
214 Flagler Avenue
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169
$118 +tax per night
Click here to book online
Sugar Mill Country Club
150 Clubhouse Circle
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
Click for Map