FJT at Trump National - 54-Holes (Boys 16-18)
May 25-27, 2019
Miami, Fla. – Drew Angelo, Shawn Lalmoni, Skylee Shin & Caiyi (Flora) Zhang earned impressive FJT 54-Hole Major wins at Trump National Doral.
The Florida Junior Tour 54-Hole Major was played at the prestigious Trump National Doral. The players battled through windy conditions to post impressive rounds and earn great victories. The Boys 13-15 and Girls 13-18 divisions conquered the Red Course while the Boys 16-18 division played the first two rounds on the Golden Palm Course and the final round on the Blue Monster.
The Boys 16-18 division was seized by first time FJT winner Drew Angelo, of Bradenton. Angelo stole the early lead with seven birdies and a four under-par first round of 67. Adding to his lead in round two, Drew finished with a 70 to sit on top of the leaderboard by five strokes over Griffin Steutel. Steutel was the only other player under-par after the first round with a 70. After a second round of 72, Stueutel was at even par entering the final round. Angelo kept his eye on the lead in the final round where he carded three birdies to finish with a 76. Two under-par rounds secured the win for Angelo at one under-par 213! Falling to a final round 81, Steutel tied for seventh place with Jack Tharrington. Steady play from Joshua Perna, of Sarasota, propelled him to a second place finish at 219 (+5). Nicholas Gabrelcik and Scotty Kennon tied for third place, seven strokes back, at 220 (+6).
Boys 16-18 Leaderboard
Golden Palm Course: (6,699 yds., 73.4/137)
Blue Monster Course: (7,107 yds., 74.7/139)
1. Drew Angelo -1 (213)
2. Joshua Perna +5 (219)
T3. Nicholas Gabrelcik +6 (220)
T3. Scotty Kennon +6 (220)
T5. Jake Nash +7 (221)
T5. Sam Nicholson +7 (221)
Follow the FJT:
Check out the TrackMan Combine schedule by clicking here!
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Golden Palm||6,699 yds., 73.4/137|
|Blue Monster||7,107 yds., 74.7/139|
|20 MPH Wind Gusts||87 °F|
Boys 16-18 Age Division
$155 or $175 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
The Florida Junior Tour heads to Trump National Doral for Memorial Day weekend. The course rotation for the weekends event is Saturday - Golden Palm, Sunday - Golden Palm, and Monday - Blue Monster. Newly renovated, Trump National Doral has hosted numerous PGA Tour events. This facility is a wonderful place to spend your Memorial Day weekend.
- 54-holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 7,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted (Different than 36-hole events)
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- After the close of entries, all non-exempt players will be ranked by their standing on Junior Golf Scoreboard, www.juniorgolfscoreboard.com. The better ranked players will be placed in the tournament field until the limit is reached.
- Players not making the field will be placed on the alternates list in order of their Junior Golf Scoreboard ranking.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $155 (for GHIN handicap members) or $175 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 25th - Golden Palm course
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, May 26th - Golden Palm course
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Round two tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Monday, May 27th - Blue Monster course
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 305-592-2030 to arrange your practice round. Players are entitled to only one practice round on each course. The price for a parent to play either course is $99.00 + tax The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 12 performance stars
- Top five receive 8 performance stars
- Top ten receive 4 performance stars
- Top fifteen receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard, GolfWeek and WAGR.
- Walking - Players must walk during tournament rounds.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here. Spectator carts may be rented for a price of $30 + tax.
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below).
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
Trump National Doral Miami Hotel
$129 per room, per night, plus tax & a $20 resort fee. Call 305-717-6350 to speak to reservations
Rooms MUST be booked by April 23, 2019 to receive rate
Trump National Doral
4400 NW 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Click for Map