Belleair CC (13-15)
January 4-5, 2014
FJT Scoring Records Set at Belleair CC
Jeffrey Cunningham and Morgan Baxendale captured their respective titles in dominating fashion at the Florida Junior Tour’s (FJT) event at Belleair Country Club, in Belleair, January 4-5.
In the Boys’ 13-15 division, Jeffrey Cunningham, of West Palm Beach, went wire-to-wire for his first career FJT victory. Cunningham opened up the event with a solid round of five-under par 66 on the par 71 West course, to take a two stroke lead into the final round. Cunningham picked up right where he left off after the first round, firing an impressive round of six-under par 66, which included seven birdies, en route to his eight stroke victory. Anthony Martinez, Jr., of Weston, finished alone in second place after his rounds of 68-71 for a tournament total of three-under par 139. Garrett Barber, of West Palm Beach, and Anthony Wells, of Plantation, finished tied for third place with a tournament total of two-under par 140.
In the Girls’ 13-15 division, Morgan Baxendale, of Windermere, ran away from the field to capture her first career FJT title. Baxendale posted a first round of two-over par 73 to only hold a one stroke lead heading into the final round of play. Baxendale dominated on Sunday, firing a round of three-under par 68 to win her first title by an impressive 10 shots. Lauren Waidner, of Fleming Island, finished alone in second place after posting a tournament total of 151. Lauren Heinlein, of Ocala, finished in third place with a tournament total of 154.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,266 yards 70.4/122|
|Girls 13-15||5,700 yards 72.5/124|
|Chilly and Windy||58 °F|
|Sunny and Calm||67 °F|
Entries Open: Wednesday, November 13th
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, November 27th
13-15 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
Push carts are NOT allowed at Belleair Country Club.
Players must walk and carry their own bag.
The first FJT tournament of 2014 will be held at Florida's first golf club, Belleair Country Club. Belleair CC opened in 1897 and then in the early 1900's Donald Ross designed the two 18-hole courses which remain today (West and East courses). Tournament rounds are being played on the West course which has several holes with magnificent views of the inter-coastal waterway which leads into the Gulf of Mexico.
The West course is a par 71 layout which stretches to just over 6,500 yards.
Belleair Country Club is also hosting the 60th Florida Boys' Junior Championship in July 2014.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players (typically 66 boys and 18 girls)
- 13-15 age division (age calculate by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,500 yards (gross only)
- Girls 13-15 Age Division - 5,700 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, January 4th
9:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
11:00 AM - 12:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 11th tees
Sunday, January 5th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 11th tees
Approximately 3:00 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Times times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 727-442-0229 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart). The cost of a parent to play during the practice round is $75 + tax.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectators carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart. Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host has not been arranged at this time. There are several hotels in the Belleair/Clearwater/St. Pete area. Use the "Hotels" link above in the Tournament Links box or search on the internet. Please note the cancellation policies before making any reservations.
1 Country Club Ln
Belleair, FL 33756
Click for Map