Bent Pine GC (16-18)
June 30 - July 1, 2012
Winger & Feng Go Wire-to-Wire
At the pristine Bent Pine Golf Club in Vero Beach, Harrison Winger never lost the lead in route to his first FJT victory. Winger, of Orlando, shot a four-under par 68 in the first round to lead by three shots. In the final round, Winger played flawless as he made 16 pars and two birdies (11 & 12) for a final round 70 and a six under par 138 total. Winger is competing in the 58th Boys' Junior Championship next week at Sawgrass Country Club and then heading to off to college to play for Liberty University. Dominick Vennari and Tim Cahill both shot 68's in the final round to finish second and third, respectively.
Yueer Feng, 16 of Orlando, shot a 71 in the first round to lead Emma Albrecht by two shots. In the final round, she ran away from the field making four birdies (1, 6, 8 & 14) and an eagle (18) for a four-under par 68 and a 139 total. Nicolette Donovan, of Ponte Vedra Beach, shot rounds of 76-69 to finish in second place while Emma Albrecht shot rounds of 73-74 to finish in third place.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,757 Yds. 72.8/133|
|Girls 16-18||6,025 Yds. 73.3/136|
|Winds 5-10 mph||93 °F|
Entries Open - Wednesday, May 9th at 8:30 AM
Entries Close - Wednesday, May 23rd at 4:30 PM
Discover the beauty and splendor of the Bent Pine Golf Club, described by the Links Magazine as one of “Golf’s best kept secrets!” Bent Pine blends its picturesque landscape and its natural serenity with a championship course. A masterpiece designed by Joe Lee, the course is located on 220 acres of prime hammock land, surrounded by Florida pines, citrus groves and ranch land. Accentuated by eight scenic lakes and pristine, manicured fairways that run in every direction, the course features open spaces and a variety of wildlife. The goose-necked par 5, 14th hole, is one of Joe Lee’s favorite designed par 5’s.
Host to six U. S. Open qualifiers, Bent Pine provides a formidable challenge to even the lowest handicappers, while giving all levels of golfer a fair test from all tees. Well-bunkered “Tif-Eagle” greens are characteristic of the course. Lakes, trees and the occasional challenging wind add the final touches to this treasure.
Click here to visit the club's website.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the players' parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be submitted with the entry.
Schedule of Play
- Saturday, June 30th: 11:00 AM - 12:57 PM off the 1st and 10th tees
- Sunday, July 1st: 7:30 AM - 9:27 AM off the 1st and 10th tees
Players can set-up a practice round at a special discounted rate of $30 plus tax which includes a cart by calling 772-567-6922. Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament and after 12:00 PM the weekend before. Times are available on a space available basis.
During practice rounds, players are not allowed to play multiple shots off tees or into greens. The playing of multiple shots or slow play may result in the player's removal from the course without a refund.
Walking and Pull/Push Carts
Players must walk and carry their clubs during the competition rounds (pull/push carts are permitted). Caddies are not permitted.
Tees To Play
Tees are not selected until the tournament staff arrives on site. Tournament set-up may change, including yardages, to offset inclement weather or other course conditions (i.e. wet course conditions). Typical yardages are below:
- Boys 16-18 will play approximately 6,900 yards
- Girls 16-18 will play approximately 6,000 yards
This event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
AJGA - PBE (Performance Based Entrance)
- Champion - 4 Performance Stars
- Top 5 - 1 Performance Star
- Champion - 4 Performance Stars
- Top 5 - 1 Performance Star
Spectators will be authorized to rent carts, but must follow the Spectator policies. Spectator carts will cost $20 a day, plus tax. Spectator carts may be limited, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Male or female amateur golfers that are members of the FJT may apply for entry. Entries are subject to rejection at any time, including during the event. The reason for rejection may include unbecoming behavior. Please see the Code of Conduct for further details.
- Tournament applications must be submitted through the website with valid payment. Telephone and fax requests will not be accepted.
- Applicants must have a current FSGA/FJT membership.
- Entries must be received by 4:30:00 PM EST of the closing date.
- Players should read the Tournament Policies and Pace of Play policy.
- Players will receive an e-mail that their entry has been received and a second e-mail will be sent if the player is accepted into the field. As a player is not automatically confirmed into the tournament, travel arrangements should not be made until the second confirmation e-mail is received. Review Tournament Policies for further details.
Field Determination Summary
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated, random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
Click here for further details.
Registration will be available prior to the first round. ALL players are expected to register. General tournament information will be distributed at registration.
Tee Times & Pairings
First round tee times and pairings will be available on the website. After the completion of the first round, all competitors will be repaired by score, within their age group, for their next round. Final round pairings will be available approximately one-hour after the final score has been posted. Pairings will be available on the website, at the club, and will be sent via text message. It is the player's responsibility to be at his/her respective starting tee at least 10 minutes prior to teeing off. We recommend that you always see your tee time in black and white (in print), and if you still have questions, please contact an FSGA Official at the host facility.
Range Finders - Electronic distance measuring devices are NOT allowed.
Music - Phones and other devices that play music should not be used at the tournament site. Listening to music during a competitive round will generally result in disqualification under the Rules of Golf. This is true for all types of competitions - not just FJT.
Pace of Play
The FJT uses a checkpoint pace of play policy that provides no verbal warnings throughout the round. Each group is responsible for playing under the allotted time or finishing each checkpoint hole within 15 minutes of the group ahead of them.
Pace of play will be strictly enforced with anticipated rounds to be less than 4 hours and 45 minutes. We strongly recommend that all players and parents read and understand the Pace of Play Policy.